During pregnancy, women experience a lot of bodily changes besides dealing with a continually growing baby bump. No longer do the old clothes fit them. This requires them to dress differently for their new shape. Finding out the right clothes that embrace your new shape is tiresome and time-consuming. Here are some amazing fashion tips for stylish and comfortable dressing for every momma-to-be!
Comfortable and Stretchy Fabric Pregnancy Wear
During pregnancy, comfort is your top priority. Therefore, prefer buying lightweight and breathable maternity dresses. Ideally, pregnant women should wear fabrics like denim, georgette, linen, cotton lycra, and rayon. Always remember that your body grows during pregnancy; therefore, your clothes should grow with you. Wear stretchable clothes to ensure free body movements.
If you have sensitive skin, you must buy organic cotton. In these times, women are advised not to wear the synthetic fabric as it irritates the skin and increases perspiration. Also, do not wear clothes with heavy sequinned or embroidery works.
Buy Maternity Clothes
When pregnant, you do not have to wear oversized clothes. You can pick regular clothes in a larger size during this time. You need to keep in mind that your body is constantly changing. A large kurta might be tight in the midsection but loose in the shoulders. Similarly, pants or bottoms might be tight in the waist area but loose in the legs. That is because these clothes are not designed to fit the pregnant body.
The right collection of maternity clothes will not only accommodate your new body but also make you feel stylish and confident.
Invest in Good Pair of Maternity Pants or Maternity Jeans
Women can pair a good quality maternity top with stylish bottoms. This combo is a favorite among women and a must-have during the three trimesters. There are lots of styles to choose from:
- Belly waistband- an underbelly, full belly panel or mid-belly
- Length- ankle length, full length, or cropped length
- Leg style- boot cut, straight, skinny, flare, or trouser
- Purpose- yoga wear, office wear, casual wear.
Wraparounds are extremely classy and trendy pieces. You should pair them up with tunics and tops. Not only is this combo a stylish one but also super comfortable.
Buy Maternity Tops
Maternity tops are versatile and varied. There are oversized tunics, kurtas, Kurtis, and tops. Maternity tops are specially designed to fit and embrace the new body of women. These tops are also nursing-friendly to allow easy breastfeeding. If you are a corporate mama, you can easily pair your maternity tops with pencil skirts and maternity jeans and pants. If you want to layer your outfits, you can wear a shrug or jacket on top.
Are you going to attend an evening party? You can buy a maternity maxi dress for the perfect, feminine look.
Add Patterns and Colors
Who said you could not experiment with colors and patterns during pregnancy? Of Course, you can. For pregnant women, narrow stripes and smaller patterns look the best. These patterns render a slim and stylish look to your appearance. Do not be afraid to add colors to your maternity wardrobe. Try out various vibrant shades that look good on you.
Avoid tight underwears
Needless to say, your breast and waist size increases during pregnancy. Therefore, you shouldn’t wear your old inner during your pregnancy. Instead, invest in good quality nursing bras to stay comfortable and breathe freely. Also, do not wear padded bras or underwired bras. There are innumerable brands of quality undergarments that pregnant women can choose from.
Tips to remember while wearing maternity outfits
Women frequently urinate during pregnancy. Therefore buy clothes that aren’t too complicated. During pregnancy, you should always wear dresses and skirts. Ample maternity nighties and maternity dresses are available in online stores. With the onset of the second trimester, maternity dresses come in handy with good room for the baby bump, flowy silhouettes, and smooth cloth texture.
- Always ensure your clothes are clean. The last thing you would want is a skin infection.
- Remember that your waistline keeps growing during pregnancy. So ensure that your clothes not only fit your current body shape but also fit when your body grows in the next months. Always go for loose clothing in light fabrics.
- Always be aware of what you are wearing for summer. Women usually sweat incessantly due to drastic hormonal changes. That is why investing in light fabrics and lightweight clothes is important. In summer, you should not wear sequined clothes or synthetic fabrics unless you are attending special occasions.
- Stay warm during winter. Your body is especially sensitive during pregnancy. Remember that you are nurturing a child inside. You are responsible for both your child’s health and yours. During pregnancy, the body’s mercury levels drop, which can lead to flu or cold. Therefore, invest in soft woolen clothes, gloves, and caps to stay warm.
Dressing in the correct style becomes a fashion challenge for everyone during pregnancy. Even the trendiest moms-to-be find it hard to dress and style perfectly because their bodies are constantly changing. Especially for women experiencing pregnancy for the first time, this becomes especially difficult. Suddenly this body seems foreign to you, and you don’t know how to look good with it. Besides the constant bodily changes, pregnant women experience a plethora of discomfort and pain during pregnancy. Comfortable clothes are therefore essential to provide relief to them during pregnancy.
If you are a working mom and will work even during pregnancy, you should invest in good quality maternity clothes. Make sure these clothes fit you during pregnancy and even during the month post-pregnancy.