Ah, pregnancy. It’s a beautiful time, isn’t it? The little life you have growing inside of you, the glow you get, the skinny jeans and generous glasses of pinot noir you have to eschew. Okay, so perhaps what I should have said is a pregnancy is both a beautiful and frustrating/ugly/weird time. Don’t get me wrong, I feel incredibly grateful to be carrying a baby inside me — and a healthy one at that — but, I cannot tell a lie: There are some real pain-in-the-ass things about being knocked up.
Here are 20 things that really suck about being preggers.
20. Gaining weight. The most obvious of all. Bye-bye skinny, acid-washed jeans. It’s been real. See ya on the other side.
19. Acne. What the … haven’t seen you since high school.
18. Backaches. Okay, so not only do I look like a hormonal teenager, I feel like a 90-year-old woman.
17. Tiring way too easily. I live on the third floor, people. No elevator.
16. Not being able to drink. No comment.
15. Not being able to eat deli meat, sushi, and most seafood. To be honest, I’m still unclear on what seafood I can and can’t eat. So I’ve just been eating none.
14. Two words: Pregnancy Brain.
13. Feeling inexplicably lonely sometimes. Cue the tiny violins.
12. Not being able to sleep on your stomach. I haven’t experienced this yet, but this is nightmare incarnate for me!
Original by The Stir