Sad news, everyone: this may be Halloween weekend, but it’s also the weekend Daylight Saving Time ends and months of dreary cold and sunless days begin. Of course, the perky glass-half-full types are always quick to point out how we gain an extra hour when DST ends, like that somehow makes up for going to and from work each day entirely in the dark. There’s nothing we can do about it, though, so I say let’s make the most of that measly hour we get this weekend and try our hardest to kick off the long, dark months of winter on a good note! Not sure what to do with your extra hour? I’ve got 20 suggestions after the jump.
1. Sleep off your Halloween hangover.
2. Start your holiday shopping early.
3. Watch this week’s episode of “Project Runway” that you had to DVR because your boyfriend insisted on watching the World Series.
4. Take a yoga class.
5. Bake a pumpkin pie.
6. Give yourself a pedicure.
7. Make a batch of mulled wine to kick off November.
8. Get some friends together and play a rousing game of charades.
9. Make out with someone.
10. Hit the post-Halloween candy sale at Rite-Aid.
11. Go to a speed-dating event and see how many phone numbers you can score.
12. Start your “Best of the Decade” lists.
13. Have your own private dance party in your living room.
14. Practice a little “self-love.”
15. Take a hot bubble bath with a glass of champagne.
16. Get a professional massage.
17. Call your grandma.
18. Check in with your New Year’s resolutions and decide what you can still accomplish in the next two months.
19. Check out the profiles on Kiva and see if there’s anyone you’d like to give a microloan to.
20. Clean out your fridge.
So, what will you be doing with your extra hour this weekend?
Original by Wendy Atterberry