Beautiful and historic Budapest is well known for offering the best iconic places for professional photography. Music, fashion, entertainment, and many art forms have richly gained from this capital of Hungary, with its Celtic roots. The “River Danube,” which is often called the “Blue Danube,” flows silkily through Budapest.
Budapest never seems to sleep and is very alive in this contemporary age with city life dating back as far as the Roman times. The night photography is tremendous and perfect for “long exposure” shots creating spectacular foreground “light trails.” Let’s take a look at 5 iconic places in Budapest for professional photography. We highly recommend you hire a professional photographer Budapest like Olga Eregina if you want stunning output.
- Buda Castle Hill, Buda Castle, and the Palace Complex- Buda Castle Hill is the number one iconic destination for professional photography in Budapest. The whole of the “Blue Danube” can be seen from Buda Castle Hill, along with associated bridges, such as the much photographed “Chain Bridge.” While you are capturing shots in the castle and around the Palace Complex you will see “Fishermens’ Bastion,” and next to this, “Matthias Church.”
- Gellért-Hill and Citadel Fortress- Second on the list of iconic places for professional photography in Budapest is “Citadel Fortress.” This is an excellent spot because it has the best vantage point for photographing many of the main features in Budapest, including “De’ak Ferenc Square” and “St. Stephen’s Cathedral”. The best time to visit here is during the “Blue Hour” because of the depth of blueness and tranquility in the darkened sky. Late afternoon sunlight is also excellent for photographs on the towering hill cradling Citadel. Night photos are stunning of the “Liberty Bridge” which is in clear view with no obstructions.
- The Interior and Exterior of “The Parliament”- Third on the list is “The Parliament.” The authentic “Gothic” architecture makes this iconic place an excellent candidate for professional photography and compositions. Beautiful gardens in the summer make an excellent foreground.
- Hármashatár Hill – You definitely won’t want to miss the fourth iconic destination of best places for professional photography in Budapest. The top of this hill rests about 400 meters above Budapest and offers a view of the entire city. You will need to take a “long lens” with you to this location.
- Vajdahunyad Castle – In fifth place is the Vajdahunyad Castle. If you are seeking to add the ultimate in “reflection shots” to your portfolio, you will love this place. It is surrounded by a crafted lake, which beautifully reflects the castle and sky from several angles. The castle was built for an exhibition and copies the architecture of a castle in Transylvania. Vajdahunyad Castle is just below “Heroes’ Square,” a popular tourist destination. It is the only castle in Budapest where actual royalty has not lived.
Budapest has “four seasons” with a lot of rain in late Spring. You can capture a “White Christmas” with your lens in the Winter and take lovely “Fall Foliage” photos in the Autumn. Summertime is always a great time to take photos. Budapest is on the tops when it comes to the best professional photography destinations in the entire world. If you are interested in exploring this amazing city, visit Broadway Travel for your Budapest break.