After the jump, everything you need to know about Dave.
- In high school, Dave was a bit of a book worm. His mom told Oprah, “[Dave] was writing a lot of poetry in high school and even getting it published.” And he says his inspiration is “Roald Dahl, whose books got me reading and influenced my dark sense of humor.”
- It took him until college to get into acting. “I audited this class and the people onstage were screaming and crying and hitting each other. I was like, “F**k this!” It was so intense. But I ended up sticking it out, and I really liked it.” While his brother can’t stop enrolling in school, Dave dropped out of USC to try his hand in Hollywood.
- The 25-year-old’s first role was a bit appearance on “7th Heaven” and he’s also played small parts in “Milk” and “Superbad.” His biggest part to date was playing intern Cole Aaronson on the final season of “Scrubs.”
- Dave is close with his brother. “I don’t take for granted him helping me get my foot in the door,” he says. “From there on out, people aren’t going to hire me because I’m James Franco’s little brother. I’m trying to distance myself.” He’s even starred in a few Funny or Die clips with his bro. In this one (above), called “Acting With James Franco,” Dave and James recreate a scene from “Rebel Without A Cause.”
- Dave also turned heads when he starred with, err made out with Emma Roberts in The Cults’ video for “Go Outside.” Dave says shooting the video was a fun experience. “[Emma and I] knew each other a little bit before the video,” he said. “Which is great for this kind of project, where you can kind of jump into it and just have fun with it, rather than trying to get comfortable with each other and literally within 10 minutes of meeting each other, your tongues are in each other’s mouths.”
- Dave loves the animals. “I’m a cat person. I have two giant cats—Harry and Arturo—that I call the small panthers. They’re like 17 pounds each—they’re big boys! Every photo on my phone is of them doing something funny,” he says. Sweet.
Which Franco brother do you prefer? Oh hell, we wouldn’t kick either out of bed for eating crackers.
Original by Kate Torgovnick/Kate-Book.com