– Both man and women have unwanted hair. It is common for it to appear on the upper lip, back, legs, fingers, feet, chin, and toes. That causes for this can be many, including genetics, certain medicine, and higher levels of specific hormones. There are of course several ways to remove this unwanted hair and with most of these methods, at least some or most of the hair will grow back.
– There are various methods to remove unwanted hair and some of them are epilating, waxing, threading, electric shaving, wet shaving, and depilatory creams. So, let’s take a look at these methods and how they are different:
Root hair removal methods
– With these forms of hair removal, you remove your body hair by the root. This method is good because it will take weeks for the hair to grow back and when it eventually does, it is softer and thinner than it was before. Here are the various forms of root hair removal:
- Epilating – it works by using a hand-held device that has a head of rotating tweezers which you run along the skin surface as it removes hairs as it goes. The advantages would be ultra-smooth skin, lasting up to 3 weeks. It completely mess-free and newer models also come with an extra attachment which removes unwanted hair from areas such as the face. Epilator can remove hair as short as 0.5 millimeters, unlike wax which needs hair as long as 2 millimeters. It is great if you do not want to pay someone for doing this because you can do it by yourself at home.
- Waxing – this method works by applying cold or hot wax to the skin in the direction of the hair growth. Once it becomes firm, the wax strips are quickly stripped off against the direction of the growth, pulling the hair out with it. An alternative form also exists and they are the pre-made wax strips. This method is particularly good for the legs, bikini zone, underarms, upper lip, and the eyebrows. It will keep your skin hair free for weeks and you will not have to think about hair removal for some time.
- Threading – this particular method is best for small, delicate areas of the face, eyebrows, and the upper lip. It works by taking fine pieces of cotton thread and twining the thread around each individual hair, then pulling the thread quickly apart, resulting in the removal of the unwanted hair. The best thing about threading is that hairs are removed from the root, which means that regrowth will be slow.
Surface hair removal methods
– With these forms of hair removal at home, you remove the body hairs that have grown about the skin surface. Usually, it is quite easy to be done, but on the other hand, you will have to do it often. Here are some differences between various surface hair removal methods:
- Electric shaving – by passing a small electric device with a fine screen at one end of the surface, it will trap the hair. Blades move laterally and cut the hair against the edges of the screen. This is a great method for legs, bikini area, and underarms. It quick and safe and because you do it dry, it is easy to do. This would be a great option for people who have sensitive skin.
- Wet shaving – works by gliding a razor with blades over moistened skin to cut hair at the surface. It is good for almost every area of the body. It is fast, effective, painless, and also makes dry, flaky skin disappear.
- Depilatory Creams – this inexpensive method works by applying a cream, which will chemically dissolve the hair at the surface of the skin. Once you apply the cream, it needs to be left on the skin for up to ten minutes and then it needs to be removed by gently rubbing it away. It is best for the legs, upper lip, underarms, and the bikini zone. It is also pain-free and quite cheap.
– The method you choose will completely depend on how fast, efficient, and cheap you want it to be. However, not everything is about your skill and how you do it. You need the right tools as well. That is why you can check various epilators at Reviewscon.com and find the one with the characteristics that suit you best.