Plagiarism means copying or passing off someone’s idea, thoughts, or work as yours. It is a violation of copyrights and ethics.
What are the consequences of plagiarism?
Plagiarism is a serious offense. So, if your content is found to be plagiarized, you may face the following consequences.
- Lose your credibility as an author: If your work is plagiarized, you will attract many questions about your credibility as an author and face criticism. Universities and journals may blacklist you. Your chances of publication or co-authoring a paper will lower down significantly.
- Disrupts your research career: It becomes nearly impossible for you to publish your paper in journals, no matter how valuable or extraordinary it is. You will not receive any grants or funds. Your research career will be directionless.
- Hampers your education: Reputed colleges and universities may not grant you admission for your further studies. If you are an existing student, you may be expelled and not achieve your degree. Your qualification will remain incomplete.
- Legal and financial repercussions: There are stringent laws against plagiarism. You may face civil or criminal charges, depending upon the nature and extent of plagiarism. You may also incur a heavy penalty that will bring you a financial burden.
What is a plagiarism check?
It refers to comparing a research paper or an article with a database of published work to capture the plagiarized content. Today, many authors are opting for online plagiarism checkers to detect content similarity.
Who can use online plagiarism checkers?
Online plagiarism checkers are helpful for students, faculty, researchers, university reviewers, etc. One can easily check the thesis, assignments, reports, and articles for plagiarism. Online plagiarism checkers are available in both free and paid versions. Many authors tend to opt for the free version, but they do not achieve accurate and reliable results due to its limited usage, inaccurate analysis, a restrictive database, etc. In addition, there is always a concern regarding data security because not every free online plagiarism checker is equipped to protect your data. On the other hand, paid plagiarism checkers make for a better option for the following reasons.
#1 Access to a more extensive database: A paid online plagiarism checker compares your manuscript against database rich in publications. You can easily access millions of scholarly articles from the top publishers.
#2 Better accuracy and reliability: Paid online plagiarism checkers leverage powerful similarity detection algorithms and check your content against an extensive database, open access repositories, internet content, etc., to give you the most accurate and reliable results.
#3 Data protection and security: When you use a paid plagiarism checker, you can be assured of data security as they are built to protect your data and safeguard it from data theft. In addition, it will never store and utilize your data without your consent.
#4 Seamless user experience: Most free online plagiarism checkers offer only limited features. You may not be able to take the maximum advantage of the tool or explore the exclusive features. However, the paid plagiarism checkers make all the features available so you can enjoy an uninterrupted user experience and get the best plagiarism check.
What are the benefits of using an online plagiarism checker?
- Higher accuracy: Authors often check their papers for plagiarism by manually comparing them with the published online articles. It is a time-intensive process, and the accuracy may be questionable. However, an online plagiarism checker uses powerful algorithms and checks your paper against an extensive database of published articles. So, the plagiarism check is more accurate and reliable.
- Better speed and innovation: Most online plagiarism checkers are robust and fast. You get highly accurate results within minutes. They also generate a plagiarism report that highlights plagiarized content and shows the text source so you can either modify the content or cite the sources correctly. It will help you create an authentic piece of work within a short time.
- Access to more sources: An online plagiarism checker helps you discover more links to important and interesting articles as it detects similar content. You can use these sources as a reference to either improve your existing content or future research work.
- Sharpens your writing skills: The more you use an online plagiarism checker, you will garner the experience of how to write more original content and cite the sources correctly. You will also brush up on your research and paraphrasing skills when you modify the content to make it free of plagiarism.
- Prove your credibility as an author: Online plagiarism checkers help you produce more original work. You will start gaining trust and enhance your credibility as an author. As a result, you will be able to establish a successful career and achieve your publication goals faster.
You can check out Enago Plagiarism Checker with Auto Grammar Check
- It uses the most advanced text similarity detection algorithms in partnership with Turnitin, along with the largest database spanning the internet, paywalled research across all scientific fields, and all open access research to give you the best plagiarism check possible.
- It compares your paper against 91 billion+ current and archived web pages. It includes Scholarly Articles. Check that allows easy comparison against an additional 82 million+ published scholarly articles and is trusted by 1,700+ publishers worldwide, such as Elsevier, Wiley, Springer Nature, Taylor & Francis, Sage, and more.
- It uses its learnings from millions of research articles to improve your writing in minutes, from complex grammar errors, scientific spellings, and formal tone to advanced sentence structure, vocabulary, and phrasing improvements.
- You can also choose the Power Editing option to get up to 40% more suggestions. Its powerful AI engine delivers 92% accuracy while keeping in mind the context of your writing. Power Editing suggests valuable language enhancements for better structure, clarity, readability, and impact.
So, why wait any longer? Explore more features right away to welcome plagiarism-free and error-free writing and move one step ahead in your publication journey!