Hot rollers have come a long way since the 60s and 70s. The typical image we have of ladies going to bed with bright pinks and blues are luckily a thing of the past. The CHI ceramic rollers are fast, effective and leave your hair with extra shine and bounce. We are going to go over some of the details of this set and compare it with other roller sets so you can see the advantages of CHI Ceramic rollers.
- CHI Ceramic Rollers Review
- CHI Smart Magnify Medium Ceramic Rollers
- CHI Smart Magnify Medium Ceramic Rollers Vs. Competition
CHI Ceramic Rollers Review
Who are the CHI Ceramic Rollers for?
You can use these ceramic rollers on absolutely any hair type. You will get voluminous results whether your hair is dry, frizzy, straight, fine, short or long. These rollers are 1.25 inches. CHI offers 1-inch rollers as well as 1.5-inch rollers.
What is included in the pack?
There are 9 medium-sized, 1.25-inch ceramic rollers. The quality nine clips will help keep your rollers in place. The platform allows you to heat the rollers and keep the rollers tidy. There is a sturdy bag to store all of the parts.
CHI Smart Magnify Medium Ceramic Rollers
CHI Ceramic Rollers- Overview of features
Simply press the power button and the rollers start to heat up. In just a few minutes the rollers are ready to use. Twist the roller around your hair and hold it in place with one of the large clips. The rollers have a velvet cover so you don’t have to worry about burning your fingers. This makes the CHI set perfect for beginners who are used to the technique.
It’s a lovely lightweight set at 4.6lbs. IT is 13 inches x 9.5 inches x 8.1 inches. This and the storage bag make it perfect to transport with you.
Things you will like:
- The quality- The platform is strong and well built. The rollers fit perfectly into place without having to force them on. Even the clips feel like they are firm and won’t break easily
- Tangle-free- Curls will be large, soft, and shiny. Plus your hair won’t be tangled, even if yours is prone to knots.
- The rollers- The velvet finish helps protect your hair. It also helps to keep the rollers hot for up to 15 minutes. 9 rollers are enough to curl most people’s hair.
- Versatility- With just one set you can curl any type of hair. Each time the result looks like you have just come from a hair salon, and the bouncy curl lasts all day.
Things you may not like:
- The price- it is rather expensive, most feel the set is worth the price, but there are cheaper alternatives
- Roller size– All of the rollers are the same size. There are other sizes you can buy and they for on the same platform but you won’t be able to experiment with the size of your curls.
CHI Smart Magnify Medium Ceramic Rollers Vs. Competition
Below is a useful chart that shows you some of the other roller sets available right now.
CHI Ceramic Rollers vs Remington H9000 Pearl Ceramic Set
This set comes with 20 rollers and clips with two different sizes. It’s nice to have the option of more but you will rarely use them all. It is nice that the clips are heated to, curls are heated from the inside and the outside. Unfortunately, they don’t tend to stay in place very well.
The rollers heat up incredibly quickly and they get very hot. Your hair is ready in 5 minutes. They appear to work better on long hair than short hair. They will have some effect on taming down the frizz. The Remington Pearl set is cheaper but you will notice the quality of the curls is not the same.
CHI Ceramic Rollers vs Unix Pro
With the number of rollers and the three different sizes means you can create tight curls or loose curls. The rollers have a specific design that will leave a unique, natural-looking curl. There are enough rollers to be able to do two people’s hair at the same time. There are 8 clips to hold them in place as well as 40 slide-on grip fasteners.
The storage box has an on/off button and two temperature settings. This provides more options for a variety of hair types.
While this set has an amazing range of options, it is very difficult to use the set. The ridges on the rollers make it difficult to wrap the hair. The fasteners don’t grip the hair very well. Aside from the difficulty to you, this set is very expensive.
CHI Ceramic Rollers vs T3 Volumizing Hot Rollers
We chose this roller set because it is the most similar in price to the CHI ceramic rollers. There are 8 rollers, 4 at 1.5” and 4 at 1.75”, even the manufacturer admits that these sizes are best for shoulder length or longer hair. There are two heat settings for all hair types.
The clips are good and grip the rollers well but they do tend to break easily. On some hair types, they will leave a crease, which is a shame. Overall, they are a good product but certainly not the same quality as CHI, despite the similar price.