Blackjack is one of the most popular gambling games ever. There are millions of people that play it daily. This is a game that involves luck and strategy – with the right moves you can dramatically increase your chances to win. The player’s moves in any given game of blackjack may be a source of confusion for the novice players. And this is why we have created a list for you of the decisions that the player could make while playing US blackjack at El Royale Casino.
There is a list of moves that the players can make in the game of blackjack. They are hit, stand, double down, split, surrender, and insurance. Below you will get to read about what each move is about.
- Hit. This is the main and most widely used move in the game of blackjack. At the beginning of every round, the player will get two cards. There is a lot of strategy involved with what you will do with the cards. If we were to simplify things – you would need to get as close to 21 as possible without going overboard. If the sum of your two cards is, for example, 4, you will do the smart thing and “hit.” Once you hit, you will get another card. Perhaps this time, the sum of your three cards will be 9. Once again, it’s advisable to hit and get another card. You can do as many hits as you’d like until the moment you reach 21 or above. As such, the “hit” decision is one of the most frequent decisions that you will make while playing blackjack.
- Stand. This is the polar opposite of the “hit” decision. For example, if your two initial cards have a sum of 19, it would be advisable to stand. Note that there is still a chance to lose if you stand in such a scenario – but the odds are overwhelming that you will win. If you stand in such a case, you won’t get any additional cards, and you will stand your ground. The dealer will continue hitting, and you’ll see which one of you is the winner. The stand decision is very frequently used, as well – almost in every single round of blackjack.
- Double Down. This means you will double up on your wager for the round and commit to stand once you get the next hand. If you win, you will win twice the money you have wagered – and if you lose, you will lose all of your doubled down bet.
- Split. If your two hole cards are of the same value, you may decide to split. For example, if you draw two 8s, then you may split them – and you will get two separate hands that will, for the most part, be independent of one another. You will then be able to hit or stand for each of your two hands. A thing to note is that you won’t usually be allowed to split two aces. Also, in some casinos, 10-value cards need to be of the same suit if you are to split them – i.e., you won’t be able to split a hand that consists of a queen and a jack, even though both have a value of 10 in blackjack.
- Surrender. This is a move that you can make after you get your two cards at the beginning of every blackjack round – and only then. The reasoning behind this is that you have gotten very bad cards, and you’re certain that you will lose the round. If you decide to surrender, then you will get half of your bet back, and the house will retain the other half.
- Insurance. Finally, if the face-up card that the dealer holds is an ace, the player may decide to insure their bet. If the dealer has a 10-value face-down card, i.e., a blackjack, then the player will get a 2:1 payout.
Virtual Blackjack vs. Live Blackjack
Before you decide to play blackjack for real money, you ought to determine which form of this card game suits you better. If you are an old-school gambling enthusiast, you would rather stand at the blackjack table at a real casino than play an online blackjack game. On the other hand, a majority of contemporary gamblers are likely to enjoy playing online games more. Online casino games always differ from their live counterparts. In order to decide which casino, a land-based or a virtual one, is worthy of your time and money, you need to familiarize yourself with the pros and cons of both.
Live Game of Blackjack
Given the popularity of this game, you can find it at every brick-and-mortar casino. It is a classic table game, previously known as Twenty-One, dates back to the seventeenth century. Blackjack is actually the American take on this popular game.
When you play blackjack at a land-based casino, overall experience includes more than just a game. You are surrounded by other gamblers and personnel who create a unique atmosphere characteristic for a gambling venue. Such establishments usually comprise a lot more than gaming tables and slot machines. There are restaurants and bars where you can indulge in great international dishes and beverages. If the casino you have chosen offers accommodation as well, you can even enjoy a luxurious vacation and various activities that it implies.
And if you are an experienced blackjack player, you must be familiar with counting card. You can consider it a major advantage of a traditional blackjack game. The online versions make this action impossible, due to the fact that the computer shuffles the deck after every hand. So, if you are used to relying on card counting to gain an advantage, stick to traditional casinos.
Another thing old-school gamblers are used to is fast payouts. Upon transitioning to the virtual gambling world, they may find the wait to receive their winnings quite difficult.
Virtual Game of Blackjack
Just as you can find numerous blackjack tables at every land-based casino, you can also find them in the virtual gambling world. The reason is the same — this is a rather well-known game.
In case you are suspicious of the fairness of an online game, you don’t need to worry. Every reputable online casino has their games supervised by the random number generator (RNG). Hence, you can rest assured that the cards you are dealt are random.
We have already discussed the biggest pro of a live game of blackjack — counting cards. The virtual form of this game makes it impossible to use this strategy. It has another advantage: the house edge that an online blackjack game implies is significantly lower in comparison to the one of its traditional counterpart.
Since the Internet is constantly expanding, virtual gambling is developing accordingly. The number of virtual gambling venues is on the rise, and their game selection is becoming more and more abundant. You can find more variations of blackjack online than in the real world. So if you are eager to expand your horizons and try something new in terms of blackjack, you are more likely to enjoy your time at a virtual casino than at a traditional one.
Online casino operators have been striving to improve their services. You can now play a live dealer blackjack game from the comfort of your home. If you have an introverted personality and would rather stay at home than be surrounded by other gamblers, this option is perfect for you. And you can have a gambling experience that closely resembles the one you would have at a brick-and-mortar casino, without actually entering it.
These are the moves that you will use when playing the game of blackjack. It’s important to familiarize yourself with each of them to have the best possible gambling experience in blackjack. Every move may be of use to use as you play. Use them wisely, also find the best and most lucrative blackjack variation, and you will end up getting big blackjack profits.
As you can see, both traditional and online blackjack options have their strong and weak sides. Depending on your personal preference, you will find one more appealing than the other. If you consider both of them to be an entertaining pastime, you can choose according to your mood. When you feel like spending a quiet, possibly profitable evening at home, load one of the trusted gambling websites. Later on, you can compensate for it by spending your vacation at one of the casino hotels available worldwide and have a gambling trip like no other.