Have you ever come across a situation where you searched for a borescope but found endoscopes also in the list? Well, this is not a dramatic situation because both of them look similar in appearance. But this doesn’t mean that both the devices have the same features as well.
There are various essential differences between the two products that you might not be aware of. Learn the dissimilarities well before buying the wrong product because you may end up buying something that will not work for your desired usage.
In some professions, employees need to look inside something very narrow or not accessible to them. There comes the role of the borescope. These devices are high-definition cameras that allow you to see with absolute clarity and detail. Built-in lights are also present in such devices to provide you illuminance in the darker areas that can hinder your work.
Borescopes are not newly invented. It has been used since world war II to examine the inside parts of large guns. They are commonly used today as well but not as much as the other camera-specific devices.
If you are interested in purchasing a borescope or even an endoscope, visit www.yateks.com. Yateks aims to provide you quality products. They also offer you a 24×7 after-sales servicing team that will help you solve any of your queries.
Applications of borescope:
- It can be used to check a car’s parts, such as the engine, nozzle parts, and hydraulic parts.
- To check the manufacturing and the mechanical equipment in industries. It is used to see whether the equipment is safe from any foreign materials or not.
- Utilized in steel industries for repairing equipment. It also examines the quality of the products.
- Helps in detection of engines and pipelines of ships and railways.
- It helps in examining corrosion in water pipes and also to detect the blockage in the drains.
- Helps in the regular inspection of turbine blades in the aviation and aerospace industry.
- They are also used in pipelines and turbines of nuclear power plants and water stations. It also allows the workers to inspect and maintain all the machinery.
Lights: The lights in-built in this device are very bright. They offer both front and side views. These bright lights help workers to have greater visibility while working inside any machinery or plumbing.
View of vision: These devices generally have 120 degrees of view of vision or field of view. It allows the mechanics or the plumbers to inspect the larger spaces at once only.
PRICE: Borescope comes at both affordable and high prices, which depends upon the quality. The borescopes that have a lower range of spectrum are usually reasonable. Nowadays, the prices of video borescopes are coming down, making it easier for a hobbyist or professionals to buy them.
- The in-built bright lights help reach the darker spaces.
- Nowadays, prices are coming down. So, they have become quite affordable.
- It has 120 degrees of the line of vision or field of view.
- It is pretty rigid and lacks flexibility which makes it difficult for you to move it.
The endoscope is a type of borescope only, but it is more refined and precise than the borescope. But remember that all the borescopes are not endoscopes. One primary difference in both the devices is that endoscopes work on living embodies, whereas borescopes are used in mechanical objects.
Whenever doctors need to have a glimpse inside a human body to get more details about some specific organ, they require an endoscope. It consists of a tiny camera that is attached to a flexible and extended cable. These cables offer so much flexibility that the camera can get into the tightest and the smallest spaces ever. They are in-built with lights that are enough to illuminate the inside area of the bodies but do not contain too bright lights because they do not work well inside a human body.
Applications of endoscope:
An endoscope is widely used in the medical field. It allows the surgeon to examine the medical problems closely inside the human body. Surgeons also use endoscopes while performing the surgeries to see the minor things and avoid any mishappening. This device makes it possible for doctors to make precise movements and tiny cuts inside the patient’s body.
Lights in Endoscope: These devices do not contain very bright lights. The reason being, inside a human body, bright lights do work well. Also, the camera’s vision may get washed out due to very bright lights, and the surgeon won’t be able to see anything inside an individual’s body. Therefore, unlike borescopes, they contain very soft lights.
View of Vision: Endoscopes need to be precise to get details about various small parts present inside the body. Mosty, the idea of these tools’ vision is approximately 90 degrees, allowing doctors to see only small portions at once.
PRICES: Medical equipment never comes at cheap costs, and endoscopes are one of them. These precision devices are many times more expensive than the borescopes.
- Unlike borescopes, they are flexible and even consist of a governable head.
- Helps surgeons to have a glimpse inside the patient’s body while doing surgery.
- Equipped with soft lights that work best inside the human body.
- Like all other medical devices, it is also costly.
- Another disadvantage of the endoscope is that its field of view or vision line is only 90 degrees.
To Sum Up
By now, you may have understood how the two similar-looking devices are used for drastically unalike purposes. However, both tools are used by professionals to perform their tasks. Plumbers mainly use borescope, and mechanics whereas endoscope finds its use mainly during the surgeries by the surgeons.