If you recently hopped out of the shower, looked in the mirror and noticed a few new lines and wrinkles, you’re probably wondering whether your usual skincare regime is still doing the trick.
Sometimes even the best anti-ageing skincare regime needs a little something extra to achieve the results you’re hoping for.
Wrinkles are a natural part of getting older but this doesn’t mean that you need to live with them if you don’t want to.
Anti-wrinkle injections are a highly effective way to target visible signs of ageing and they’re more popular than ever, amongst both men and women.
If you’re wondering just how anti-wrinkle injections can benefit your skin, here are three good reasons to give them a try.
The Powerful Effects of Anti-Wrinkle Injections
Enjoy Smoother Skin
Anti-wrinkle injections will instantly provide you with smoother skin, particularly across your forehead. This is because the injections limit muscle activity, which makes the skin more supple. When there is less muscle tone, less skin will fold on top of the muscle, making lines and wrinkles less noticeable.
Soften Lines and Prevent New Wrinkles
Top cosmetic clinics such as Academy Face and Body in Sydney does not use anti-wrinkle injections to remove every minuscule line. Instead, this treatment is used to soften any existing lines and stop deeper lines from forming. When your skin stops producing enough elastin, facial expressions and movements really start to affect your skin. Anti-wrinkle injections are the ideal way to reverse the effects of ageing.
Anti-Wrinkle Injections are Versatile
Anti-wrinkle injections can treat more than just the line across your forehead. Here are some of the other areas of the face that would benefit from this treatment:
- Crow’s Feet. If you smile a lot, you’ll know all about this lines around your eyes.
- Frown Lines. Also known as glabellar lines, frown lines are the result of repeated muscle movement.
- Bunny Lines. When you constantly scrunch your nose muscles, horizontal lines start to form across the ridge of your nose.
- Brows. If you have brows that appear uneven, anti-wrinkle injections can be used to lift them and create more symmetry.
- Lip Lines. We move our mouths a lot, which is why it’s not uncommon for vertical lines to form at the top and bottom of the lips.
- Jaw. When the masseter muscle is overactive, not only does it lead to teeth grinding but it can cause a square jaw too. To give the face a more oval appearance, anti-wrinkle injections can be used to reduce the bulk of this muscle.
- Chin. Anti-wrinkle injections can also be used to take pressure off the chin, reducing the appearance of any line between the chin and the bottom lip.
Starting Your Anti-Wrinkle Journey
If you’re ready to give anti-wrinkle injections a try, follow these three steps:
- Find a qualified doctor or CPCA-certified injector to carry out your treatments.
- Schedule a consultation with a doctor so that your aesthetic goals can be discussed and a tailored treatment plan can be developed.
- Before you go ahead with the treatment, rather take the time to think things over. You can schedule your treatment a few days later.