Social media has come a long way from just connecting with people and sharing photos or memories with others to an important marketing tool for various companies. No matter how big or small a company is, everyone uses social media marketing to promote their business, new initiatives and sell products.
According to a 2023 Consumer Culture Report, Facebook still seems to be the best social media platform to market your product and services thanks to data that they compiled. According to the statistics, Facebook is still the most used social media platform for those in the 35-54-year-old group and the 55+ group.
Even in the 22-34-year-old group, Facebook is still the second most used social media platform after YouTube. The two former groups have very similar top-used social media sites, save for the fifth most popular (35-54-year-olds prefer Snapchat, whereas the 55+ group likes Pinterest). For additional information, you can read more here.
Social media offers so many marketing tools which helps them to reach their target audience, Facebook is also one of those social media platforms who offers a variety of highly targeted paid advertisement and organic posts, Facebook marketing allows brands to advertise their products and services in front of the massive targeted audience. Over the last decade, Facebook has become one of the biggest marketplaces and most prominent social media platforms on the internet
Why is Facebook Still Good for Marketing?
- It has global coverage Over 2,5 billion users are on Facebook out of which 1.8 billion users visit Facebook every. About 2.3 billion — every month. More than 7 million active companies create ads for this massive audience.
- It Offers highly targeted paid ads With Facebook Ads or its marketing tools, you can tailor your promotions to a specific audience based on gender, age, location, job, interests — any demographics or behavioral data, which users willingly share with Facebook.
- Makes organic reach possible. If you don’t have resources to utilize Facebook Ads, build relationships organically by sharing materials that bring value to people on your Facebook page. Your posts will show up in the newsfeed, though the high level of competition will make it harder to build an audience naturally.
- Allows integrations with other marketing channels. Facebook marketing is not a single isolated system. You can combine it with other marketing channels, like email marketing, mobile marketing, search engine marketing, and Facebook Messenger ads, to develop a promotion mix that will increase your brand outreach.
Here are some reasons why Facebook is still relevant to grow your business:
1. Low Cost
Social media provides brands the best way to reach their target audience to promote their products and services. In exchange for their service they charge some amount of money, Facebook also provides all of these services and charges less in comparison to other social media platforms.
2. Easy to reach the target audience
In Facebook marketing, while you are making an advertisement for your products or services there you can select your target audience on to a specific audience based on gender, age, location, job, interests — any demographics or behavioral data, which users willingly share with Facebook.
3. Helps in attracting more traffic to your website
The Facebook platform allows you to drive your audience from Facebook to your website in just one click. The audience who visit your website is all organic, encouraging your audience to visit your website to know more about your products or services.
Besides, when linking to a site, Facebook generates a full-size image if your site page has one. So, it will attract many users’ attention and help you boost website traffic and there is a high chance that your target audience may end up purchasing your products or services.
4. So many options in ad formats
Facebook provides you a variety of ad formats like text, image, video with the greatest opportunities which allows you to showcase your products or services to your selected target audience.
You can boost your post by turning it into an ad, produce stories to show your behind-the-scenes, make a slideshow of your new collection, use carousel ads to demonstrate up to 10 products linking to the corresponding pages, etc.
5. Customer Support Service
Nowadays a lot of people prefer to connect with a brand on social media rather than connecting on calls or filling a query forum. You can create a chatbot for Facebook Messenger to communicate with users based on their popular queries — keywords.
They can include “price,” “delivery,” “payment options,” “purchase,” “book,” etc. You only need to develop a scenario-based on users’ FAQs and write the answers. Your chatbot will imitate the real conversation. As a result, your support team will have time for more complicated issues and you can automate routine tasks.
6. Impact on Search Engine Optimization
Facebook marketing creates a positive impact on SEO also. Some marketers claim that social media influences search rankings. It’s believed that robots take into account your data in the About section while ranking.
Moreover, your social media engagement contributes a lot. Shares, likes, and comments tell Google that people are interested in your brand and engage with it. Although there is no exact proof, it isn’t superfluous either.
Social media has evolved over the years, from connecting with people, sharing photos to becoming one of the biggest marketplaces on the internet. Now it has become one of the most important parts of our life. From the above article, we can conclude that Facebook is still relevant for growing business. Facebook provides you one of the best advertisement and analytical tools for your products or services.
Even though navigating Facebook marketing and the platform’s algorithm can be confusing, the social media giant is still the most popular platform to have your business and products on, so if you’re able to do good, targeted Facebook marketing, then your business is likely to thrive.