Brush your teeth twice a day – this saying has become the best practice in our life. But have you ever think why it is so important? Well, it is all about maintaining our oral health. If our teeth stay healthy so will our health. To keep our teeth clean usually, we use a brush.
Now there is a new version of a toothbrush in the market, and that is an electric toothbrush. If you know how to brush your teeth with an electric toothbrush in a proper way and technique, your teeth will stay healthy and cavity free. Let’s know the use of the electric toothbrush:
How to brush teeth with an electric toothbrush
Before going for the brushing process, you have to know the use of electric tooth cleaner. Before using the brush, you have to:
Charge the brush
As the brush is electric, you have to keep it charged. When the power is down, give the brush charge. But be careful while brushing, keep the electric off, or else you may face a fatal accident.
Keep batteries to use the brush as you may not have time to give charge always.
Maintain the brush
The electric brush comes with round-ended, nylon and soft bristles. To keep the bristles effective for a long time. You have to maintain the brush with care. Make sure to change the brush in 2 or 3 months.
Do you use toothpaste with an electric toothbrush?
This question arises when you go for the electric toothbrush. Yes, you can use the toothpaste as you use on a normal toothbrush. You can use fluoride toothpaste to keep your teeth safe from decay and disease.
Now let’s go to the teeth cleaning process. You have to:
- When you are brushing your teeth, at first you have to divide your mouth into 4 parts like a top, right, left and bottom.
- Start brushing from any parts and take 40 seconds to clean the part. Don’t forget to brush your mouth roof and the tongue.
- Hold the brush in a 45-degree angle from the gum line. Keep the bristles in the contact of the gum line and tooth surface. Just apply gentle pressure while brushing as it is an electric toothbrush.
- Brush both surfaces from outer to inner. Keep the rolling motion on when you are brushing. To clean behind your teeth, put the brush vertically and do the up-down stroke. Your teeth will stay super clean.
- Spend more than two minutes in brushing your teeth. To prevent cavity and decay, you have to brush your teeth twice daily. Because the food creates bacteria and debris in the mouth. By brushing, you can get rid of them.
- Many electric brushes have a color indicator. If the color changes then you will know that you have to replace the brush.
- Once you are done with brushing, do not forget to charge the brush. Keep the charger in the bathroom counter.
Benefits of using an electric toothbrush
Now, why should I use the electric toothbrush? What are the benefits? Well, the benefits are:
- You will get an effective result with the electric toothbrush than the manual one. For example, with a manual toothbrush you will get 300 strokes in a minute, but with the electric one, you will get maximum 30,000 strokes in a minute. So, you can guess how clean your teeth will stay when you use an electric tooth cleaner.
- With an electric toothbrush, you can use the perfect pressure on your teeth. Just hold the brush in a 45-degree angle and turn the brush on. Your work will be done.
- The best toothbrush for the senior citizen and children. Because the required pressure can be given easily with this brush.
With proper brush technique, if you know how to brush your teeth with an electric toothbrush – you will own a healthy and happy tooth for a long time. For first users, it may take time to get used to, but everyday practice will make it easy. Don’t think about the brand, you can count on an electric toothbrush to maintain your oral health. Obviously, don’t solely depend on a brush, use a tooth floss every day and go to the dental surgeon twice in a year for a checkup. To learn more about using an electric toothbrush, check best electric toothbrush list blog and get shiny teeth.