Okay, the time has come, and you finally managed to set up the date with that lovely guy/girl that you have been chatting with for weeks. And now the real trouble begins – you start thinking will it turn out right, will you look your best, how to act, and what to talk about. The so-called troubles of the first date are numerous, but believe us fetching a successful first date isn’t nearly as hard as some present it.
Some basic tips are that you should simply be who you are, pay attention to what your date is saying and absolutely not be rude! If your first date goes well the opportunities for you to end up in a relationship with the person are greatly increased. Chances are if you leave a bad first impression you will not have another opportunity (unfortunately). As we know women and men think and act based on completely different principles, but there is still some advice that could benefit both.
Let’s take a look at what you shouldn’t and what you should do!
What To Avoid When On A First Date
- First and foremost don’t be tough and needy. If you decide to go to a restaurant that serves only fish and you don’t like it, don’t talk the whole evening about that. Instead, think about that before you actually figure out a place, and that will be fine, but believe us no one likes tidy waters.
- Uh, the second one is really important – DO NOT SHOW UP LATE UNLESS YOU HAVE TO. We all understand that sometimes it is not n your power, and you are simply late because of the things that were out of your control – but showing up late on the person is neither attractive or nice. Simply, don’t even think about doing such a thing.
- Also, don’t try out your new fashion combo and make yourself uncomfortable. You are probably going to feel anxious while on the date anyway, so if you end up wearing uncomfortable clothes, it will just worsen the case.
- Don’t avoid eating or drinking. Once again being picky or simply saying, I am good’ isn’t the way you should act on a date, as you will be making the other person uncomfortable as well.
- Simple and forward – DO NOT SPEND THE EVENING LOOKING AT YOUR PHONE! If you check your phone every two minutes, your partner will think he/she is either boring, or something is wrong. And of course, it will go on to prove that you are not a good listener as well!
What To Do On A First Date
It is not hard to have an enjoyable first date – behaving relaxed and true to yourself, and following some of the tips that websites like www.datingnerdz.com to have to offer will go a long way. Let’s see what you should do on a first date:
- Do put off your phone. As mentioned in the section above as well, it is fine to look at your phone from time to time, when you really need to, but staring at the screen the whole evening will bring you no good. Your partner will be thinking about who are you messaging, are you in a rush, is he/she boring, etc. Thus, unless you want to lure away your partner, keep away from the device.
- As many studies suggest – communication is the key, and believe us, listening is the most important part. Try not to get lost in your thoughts and actually listen to what your partner is saying – once you pick up something and tell them after some time has passed believe us they will be fascinated! In the end, you want to hear as much about your partner as you can.
- Along with listening, talking is pretty important as well. Just relax, say something about yourself and be honest. Believe us, don’t try hard to say the right words, just don’t be rude, be yourself and it will be more than good.
- In the end, be confident (not arrogant) and simply try to have fun. Act as you would in front of your friends and show your partner how interesting you actually are! Propose to go to an interesting place after you are done with the dinner, smash in a joke or two, and just enjoy!
Don’t get a discouraged reading or listening to your friends about how the first date is hard. It is if you go there without a clue on what to do. As we mentioned above simply be yourself, honest and listening – and enjoy the anxiety leaving your presence!