While the beautiful roses are the staple of Valentine’s Day, there is a wide range of options when it comes to the perfect bunch of flowers. For centuries now, flowers have been used to deliver emotion and meaning. Over time, this became known as Floriology and it was quite popular during the Victorian Era England. Through legends, myths, cultural and religious traditions, flowers became the most powerful symbols of expressing feelings and emotions.
Whether you are searching for something modern or traditional, you will not make a mistake with these flower options. Here are some ways that you can say “I love you” with flowers.
According to www.floraqueen.com, there are various flowers that you can use to show that special someone that you care about them. Also, keep in mind that you do not need a specific reason to give someone flowers, you can do it at any time. You will most certainly make your partner’s day better and show them that you care about them. Here are some romantic flower choices:
1. Red and pink roses – this is one of the most popular flowers to give for Valentine’s Day. Roses are elegant, romantic, and classic. Red ones are connected to passion and true love, while pink ones are connected to joy and happiness.
2. Tulips – red tulips are great as an alternative to red roses, and they carry the meaning of “undying love”.
3. Violet – you can add some purple or blue violets to your bouquet in order to get a splash of color and to signify being faithful.
4. Forget me not – well, the name says it all for these flowers. These playful flowers are quite fun and they are an interesting way to say “I love you”.
Flowers for friends
There are times when you want to give flowers to your friends and the reasons can be various. Maybe it is their birthday or they just got a promotion at work, here are the best flowers to give to your female friends:
1. Iris – for your best friend, you could give them this flower that is connected to trust and wisdom. The Iris flower is the inspiration for the famous fleur-de-lis, which is a decorative symbol used by French royalty.
2. Delphinium – fun, big-hearted, joy, and levity. Do these words describe your friendship? If so, this flower will be a perfect choice to give to your friend.
3. Peach blossom – with the delicate peach blossom flower, you will be able to wish your friend a long life, and you will also show your generosity.
4. Gladiolus – in ancient Rome, these flowers were connected with gladiators. This flower represents integrity, as well as strength, and they are perfect for a friend that will not let you down.
Flowers for family
Do you want to surprise your mom or sister with a lovely bouquet of flowers for her birthday? Well, here are some flowers that are perfect for surprising your mom:
1. Peony – Peonies are connected to honor and prosperity and in some countries, they even signify bravery and masculinity! Yup, men love flowers as well.
2. Chrysanthemum – when you choose a yellow chrysanthemum, it means that it is for someone that you value a lot or you could pick a color that suits the person’s personality the best.
3. Lilac – these flowers symbolize innocence and youthfulness. In Celtic culture, these flowers were seen as magical because of their lovely scent, and in Russia, holding a bunch of lilac over a newborn baby was meant to bring wisdom to it. These flowers will fill any room with a magnificent scent and they will add a sweet touch to any flower arrangement.
All of these flowers will tell someone that you really care about them. Whether it is for a partner, friend, or family member, you will be able to surprise them with any flower from this list. Also, keep in mind that you do not need a specific reason to give someone flowers, you can do so at any time. Visit LamouretFleurs for more interesting information and tips related to flowers.