The first generation of Apple`s iPhone is a combination of iPod, mobile phone, Internet communications, and much more functionalities. This was the first introduction of a multi-touch interface (by dragging fingers across the screen, you can use its functions). Another name for this iPhone was iPhone 2G. The reason is that it didn`t support 3G.
When It Was Announced and When It Was Released?
The 4GB version of iPhone 2G was announced on the ninth of January 2007. Another version, the 16GB one, was announced on the fifth of February, 2008. The first version was released on twenty-nine of July 2007.
What Are the Contents of This iPhone?
Now, we will take a look at the specifications of this phone.
- Processor – Samsung ARM 11.
- RAM – 128MB.
- Processors – Geekbench 2 (32bit) and Geekbench 3 (32 and 64bit).
- The processor`s speed – 412Mhz.
- Storage – Flash memories of 4, 8, and 16GB.
- Core Design – ARM1176 x 1.
- CPU (Central Processing Unit) – S5L8900 with a speed of 400MHZ.
- Operating Systems – iPhone OS 3.1.3, Windows Vista (all editions), Windows XP (Professional and Home), iTunes 7.3, and Mac OS X 10.4.10.
- Time of Usage – 250 hours of standby, 24 hours of audio time, 6 hours of web surfing, 8 hours of talk time.
- Audio Support – protected aac, mp3, wav, aiff, aac, mp3 vbr, and apple lossless.
- Screen – 320×480 resolution on a 3.5-inch display.
- Photos – GIF, JPG, TIFF, etc.
- Camera – 2.0 megapixel.
- Connectivity – Usb, headphone port, dock port, EDGE, and Wi-Fi.
- Dimensions – 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.4.
- Color – Gray.
- Battery – Ion battery made of lithium.
- Video Support – H.264 video (640×480 pixels, 320×240 pixels), and MPEG-4 video (640×480).
Price, Apple Orders, and Discontinuied
- Original Price: $599, and it was required from the customers to have at least a two-year contract with AT&T.
- Today`s Price: $300, and it is required from the customers to have at least a two-year contract with AT&T.
- MA501LL/A (4GB)
- MA712LL/A (8GB)
- MB384LL/A (16GB)
- 4GB version (Fifth of September 2007)
- 8Gb version (Ninth of June 2008)
- USB power adapter
- Cleaning cloth
- USB cable
|Model Number||A1203 (on the back cover)|
|Display Size||3.5 inch|
|Weight||135 g (4.76 oz)|
|Dimensions||115 x 61 x 11.6 mm (4.53 x 2.40 x 0.46 in)|
|Front Panel||Flat and made of glass|
|Back Panel||The back housing is made of anodized aluminum|
|SIM tray||On the top side that holds a “second form factor” (2FF) mini-SIM|
|Serial Number||Etched in the back case|
|IMEI/MEID||In the Settings menu|
- At first, it was planned by Apple to start a project which would result in the most modern tablets. However, Steve Jobs realized that a mobile phone could threaten Apple`s iPods, they changed the project to a mobile phone project. The decision was made during lunch at one of the restaurants Jobs liked, where he had seen that everyone at the restaurant had a phone.
- The first name of iPhones operating system was iPhone 1.0 OS. The company called it OS X. In 2010, it was named iOS.
- On the first iPhone, it wasn`t possible to do a file transfer. The reason is that it didn`t have a disk mode that we can find on future models.
- iPhone of the first generation had a price tag of $399 originally. Since then, the iPhone released four more versions. If you do good research, you can acquire it for much less money.
- After the iPhone was released, the most popular daily magazine gave it positive reviews. However, some of them were little a cautious because of the slowness of its EDGE network, and the absence of 3G tech.
- It featured a sensor that lowered and upped the level of brightness by itself. Also, it had another one which turned off the screen when it was held to the ear.