So you enjoy music, and playing drums satisfies you even more? It is no surprise, as drums are one of the best musical instrument to release all that negative energy without harming anyone and still producing a nice beat and vibe. The thing is, as everything is evolving instruments are as well so now you have a huge offer of drum sets and it might not be the easiest to pick one.
There are multiple things you that should determine your choice when it comes to electronic drum sets. First, if you are a beginner or already an experienced drum player. This should decide the complexity of the set as well as the price. Of course, it is better to start with a simple drum that just has few cymbals. Along with this, there are multiple key factors that you should look into when searching for the best electronic drum set. Let’s take a look!
What Should The Best Electronic Drum Set Have
The three main reasons you want to get an electronic drum set are to practice without making too much noise, to perform live with your band and to record that new song. First of all, know that a drum set has to come with the hardware, drum pads, cymbals, and the rack system, but honestly, it is not that easy to find an electronic drum set that includes headphones or an amplifier along with that. Of course, it isn’t hard to get these separately, but it would be a lovely thing if everything were in the package. Now, what should you look at when buying an electronic drum set?
- As mentioned in the section above one of the main reasons you want an electronic drum set is to lower down the volume. And though playing drums is nothing if you don’t wake up your whole neighborhood leave that for your live performance. There are multiple even low-budget electronic drum sets that offer the volume down option while still keeping a clean sound so this key factor should present a problem
- Also, it would be good that the set comes with accessories such as amplifier or headphones from the same brand, as those seem to go the best with the pads and the whole kit.
- In the end, look at the electronic drum set that has good recording options offering the USB Midi option. This one is likely to yield the best results, comparing to the stereo line to an interface mode or if you simply stick a USB right into the drum and record it.
What Are The Best Electronic Drum Sets Out There
- Alesis Nitro. This one is certainly the best when it comes to the low-budget option, being at below $300. It has almost 400 different sounds included, a variety of songs that you can play along and an 8-piece kit that features all the pads, cymbals and the rack that you need. It is not specifically large being at 6’x 4’, being basically a successor of the famous Nitro kit (DM7X). The kick pad that comes with it though might not be the best one, but no one prevents you from buying an additional one – like DW3000 is. It has the important USB Midi option for recording, and if you are a beginner although it doesn’t allow for custom samples, this one is surely a great choice!
- Roland TD-11KV-S. Now, we go to the drums that are for the professional players out there. This one includes dual-zone mesh pads, V-cymbals, kick pad and handmade hardware. Though the price is at around $1200, it is worth it. It has tons of different sounds and possible built-in instrument effects. Also, the recording program is even better, and you can easily switch between the modules, using headphones or regular speakers. The star of the show certainly is the V-cymbal. It allows both edge, bow, and bell to be played at the same time, though it might not be that easy, still a fantastic option. Overall, it is among the best electronic drum set pieces at this price!
- Alesis Surge Mesh. Another product from the Alesis brand is for sure an excellent choice if you are looking for a drum kit that is good for both the beginners and more experienced players and comes at a price below $500. Unlike the previous one you can easily include the custom samples, and it includes three cymbals, three single-zone pads, two pedals, a drum module as well as a bass pedal. You can easily connect it to your laptop and record music, with over 600 offer sounds to cover you along. In the end, one of the cons is the fact that it doesn’t have a bell. Still, for this price same as the Alesis Nitro, it is an excellent choice for all of you wanting to have some fun.
We just scratched the surface, and the market offers a much wider variety of products, but our goal was to show you the possible best electronic drum set at almost every price range. There is something for beginners, the players with experience as well as the professional drummers that need everything included. Now go out there and kick it up!