But from the point of view of a guest who goes to a restaurant to have dinner with friends , nothing has changed much since Feb 1950! There are still menus , waiters and waitresses and you order , then wait for the food and ask for the bill and then pay by card or cash.
All the technology involved in POS systems remains hidden to the customers, in other words , technology has not successfully improved the dining experience for guests in restaurants. Nevertheless, there have recently been some attempts to engage tablets or order kiosk in some restaurants , however, people are not comfortable with using such devices and they still prefer to talk to the waiting staff.
Despite the old fashion dining experiences still being practice everywhere, mobile phones have changed each person’s life directly. People , not only are comfortable with their mobile phones , but they actually prefer to use it to solve a problem rather than asking help from others! Here is the missing puzzle of POS systems and Menumiz™, an EPOS by Universal Apps Australia, has stepped forward to fill the gap in saturated POS system industry.
Menumiz™engages customers and guests to be part of the process and management by handing over the order and payment parts to the guests themselves using their own smartphones.
Menumiz™, relies on Menumiz App (iOS & Android) installed on customer’s mobile phones to handle the orders and the payments even though, it supports normal tableside orders and cash and card payments at the counter.
- QR- based order ( waiter free orders )
- Table iPad (iOS & Android) – self service kiosk (iOS & Android app and web-based)
- Tableside orders (iOS & Android)
- Pay By App (by stored cards in the app)
- Pay at the counter ( Cash – card )
- Billing management
- Floor management (layout)
- Inventory and automatic PO
- Coupons and gift cards
- Digital Menu
- Comprehensive Reporting
- Real time report
- Customer service
- Kitchen management
- Reviews and social interactions
All modules and features in Menunmiz are integrated , the whole system is on cloud.
Menumiz™ supports Dutch Treats , Takeaway and has two billing options namely PAO ( Pay As Ordered ) and PAS ( Pay As Served ).
According to Universal Apps, Menumiz™ will support the following in the next release:
- Online Booking
- Online delivery
- Multi outlet
- And more….
Menumiz™ has launched Jan 2019 in Australia , New Zealand , Singapore and Malaysia and is going to cover more countries.
Among all unique Menumiz™ Features , Pay By App is one of the game changer for the restaurants. It actually enables restaurants to accept online payments ( having an E-merchant account ) and enjoy especial rates not available in EFTPOS. For instance, First Data has exclusive package for Menumiz™ in Malaysia by offering very competitive rates for visa and master payments through Pay By App.
Menumiz™ offers very flexible packages as well as a Free plan. All packages have the same level of access ( full access ) to the platform, unlimited user and screens and the only difference is in the maximum number of tables in floor and the maximum number of allowed concurrent sessions ( scans ).
Please note that in Menumiz™, normally the customers (guests) should scan a QR code displayed at the table using Menumiz™ app to retrieve a digital menu and each scan here counts a session.
Menumiz™plansare as follow ( as of 20 Jan 2019 ):
- Free plan ( max 10 tables )
- Flat rate subscriptions ( small , medium , large and plus )
This plans starts at A$99 ( or RM99 ) and increase as the restaurant gets bigger and reach up to A$499 (or RM499). Some of these plans support Pay By App and some doesn’t.
- Pay As You Go which is actually a commission based plan. It is 1.9% for Australia and is inclusive of payment gateway fees. It has no limit on number of tables or sessions, but is subject to minimum bill of A$899.
Note: Pay By App is not supported in Singapore yet and hence , the plans are cheaper as there is no gateway transaction charge involved.
- 100% app-based and works on any iOS or Android device
- supports desktop ( web- based)
- Completely customizable
- Digital menu
- Supports photos and videos
- Multi tax rates
- Wastage report
- Realtime sales report
- Multi-level user access management
- Less waitstaff in floor , more cook in the kitchen
- PCI compliance
- High table turnover
- Customer’s history and log
- Notifications on customers’ mobile phones (no bluetooth device required)
- User friendly and simple interface
- Cloud EPOS
- Not supporting multi-location or chain restaurants
- Not supporting split bills
- Not Online booking
- Risk of dummy orders(using image of QR codes)
- Not supporting all the countries
- Not working offline
- Subject to 3G or 4G for customers
- Risk of Kitchen overload
Developer: Universal Apps Pty Ltd
Services: Restaurant EPOS – Pay By App
Platforms: iOS – Andriod
PCI certified: YES
Support: Chat, Phone , Email, Ticket
HELP: Online documentation
Price Range : A$99 to A$499
Free Plan: YES
Free Trial: YES ( for some plans only )
Plan Type: Monthly Subscription
Lock-in Contract: NO
DEMO: Up On Request
It seems that Menumiz™ has really some thing new to offer and is going to be a player in the market. What Menumiz™ offers is a complementary option not available so far, however, having new features is not the only point for an EPOS success. It is all about the customer service and support and the quality of the service provided which makes a software stand out. We hope Menumiz™ will be among those unique companies that keep quality and progress maintained for a longtime.