There is one interesting thing about each of us humans, and that is that we all love music. Why do we all love music? We love it because it offers us a lot of diversity, from the genre of music to the diversity of performers, the length of a piece of music, and so on. We all love music and everyone has their own characteristic taste and according to the taste, everyone is looking for what suits them best. Is there a place where literally everything from music can be found? Yes, there is! It is a popular music festival and competition where the best songs from Europe compete, and its name is Eurovision Song Contest.
It is one of the most popular music ideas that has been broadcast on television for a year, and more recently on the Internet. It’s the music competition that was created 66 years ago to unite Europe after World War II and to give people a chance to have more fun and enjoy beautiful songs. Today, this competition is considered one of the most-watched and most anticipated during the year, and this can be seen from the ratings this year, which surpassed the ratings of the Oscars, Grammy Awards, Super Bowl, and many other events combined. After this, we see in fact how much eminent competition it is and how many watched events we are talking about today.
As we have already said above, at this competition you can see great events that are getting better every year, you can see the best technology, you can hear the best songs, and from all this, a complete package is selected were above all the song prevails. This year the competition was held in Italy where the Ukrainian group Kalush Orchestra won with the song Stefania which took the trophy to Kyiv. This competition brings more and more excitement from year to year, and with it, spectators, some of whom understand this competition, and some have certain misconceptions. Who are they? This is an interesting topic, so we decide to analyze and review it a bit, and we have prepared the answers and bring them to you below in the continuation of today’s article. Let’s get started!Source: nbcnews.com
- Eurovision is a competition in which you can bet, even though many people do not know about this option and consider it impossible – although many people do not know, in recent years you can bet on competitions such as American Idol, The Voice, and even and at Eurovision, say from Betway. Yes, if you did not know by now, this competition has such an option, and it is offered by bookmakers. All you have to do is find a place where you can do it, listen to all the competing songs and choose one of the offered quotas for one of the countries and have fun.
- Eurovision is not a competition, it is not an award ceremony like the Grammy Awards – many viewers who hear or watch this show for the first time think it is an event like the Grammy Awards, but it is not. It is a whole competition in which usually about 40 countries from Europe have chosen their representative and a song that will represent the nation, and then an expert jury from each country and televoting determine how many points each country will receive. The country that wins the first place goes home with a trophy and a not so easy task, and that is to organize the next edition of this competition in their country.
- In this competition, the state televisions send a song and a performer with a fully prepared performance, and the singers do not do it alone – although at first glance it seems as if the singers and the groups apply on their own, this is not the case. That is the task of the state televisions that organize special festivals where they choose the song with which the country will be presented, and in recent years the selection of some of them is made internally through a special commission. The state televisions are the ones who select the performer, choose the song (or specify it to be more beautiful) and then send it all together with the performance as a package to the EBU, which is the main body for organizing and conducting the competition. Source: newstatesman.com
- One song can compete from each country, but not more – although in the first edition there were several songs from each of the participating countries, today there is one rule that says – each country has the right to compete with one song. Although it seems strange at first glance, this rule is real and exists as part of this music competition. All that is needed is to pay attention to each country to choose a performer, an appropriate song that will not exceed 3 minutes, will not have politically provocative moments, and will not be plagiarism, to design an appropriate performance and go to compete and tried to reach the crystal microphone.
- You can never vote for your own country, although to many non-Europeans it may seem strange – some rules change in this competition, and those changes are seen every year, but one rule that many viewers find strangely, it has not changed, and that is the rule that you can vote for each of the countries, but not for your own country. It is a rule that exists from the very beginning and which is set in order to ensure fair and correct competition that will bring each of the participants and each of the countries first of all equal treatment, but then there are equal chances for winning this competition which each year has a winner from a different country. In fact, that’s the beauty, in the variety of the competition.
These are just some of the things that were unclear to the viewers of this competition, and now we are sure that they are much clearer. We are sure that today’s answers will make this competition even more favorite and more interesting to watch, and with that, we are sure that you are more and more excited and look forward to the next edition which will be held in May 2023.