Nowadays, people prefer cloud storage services for keeping their crucial data. It is easy to get the backup of the information on any device in any way. The internet is necessary to access all the files and folders.
Google Drive and Dropbox are the cloud storages, where you can keep bulk data without any issue. You can also upload media files like images, videos, etc. Many people prefer migrating their data from Dropbox to Google Drive.
There must be some reason for transferring the complete information. Every person has a different choice when it comes to the storage platform. Therefore, we will discuss this thing in detail.
If you are looking for the fastest way of transferring files from Dropbox to Google Drive, then you must go through this article. You will get plenty of solutions to your problems. There will be no data loss while transferring. Therefore, you can rely on the following methods.
Reason for Migrating Data from Dropbox to Google Drive
In both services, anyone can organize data by storing and sharing it efficiently. If both platforms do the same work, then why there is a need for migration? The main motive is to do the work in a better way.
Sometimes, we do not get enough features in a single platform, and we look for another service for better work management. Similarly, people who prefer Google Drive find it more effective than Dropbox. But let us discuss more these two services:
- Dropbox: It is a storage service for different files. It supports features like file sharing, Dropbox paper, and other crucial applications. One can sync it to various devices like mobiles to access the data.
- Google Drive: It is another storage platform to store different types of files. You can write, edit, and save the files instantly. It is easy to share your work with others and manage different things.
There is a massive drawback to Dropbox is that you cannot work instantly. You can only store the files that are already edited or corrected. It is possible to download the data for the changes and then, you can upload it again. It is the main reason that many people want to move to another effective platform.
Methods for Migrating Data from Dropbox to Google Drive
1. Download and Upload Method
It is a manual method, which needs some effort to transfer your files from one platform to another. Like method’s name, you need to download the files from Dropbox and upload them to Google Drive. You might be wondering that it is a complicated task, but it is relatively simple and effortless. Follow some simple steps for a successful migration:
- First of all, you have to sign in to your Dropbox account. There is an option of Files on the left-hand side panel. Click on it and select all the files that you want to move.
- After selecting those files, you need to click the Download button, which you can see on the right-hand side panel.
- In this way, you will download all the files and save them into any local storage folder.
- Now, you need to sign in to your Google Drive account.
- There is an icon on the left-side panel, i.e., New. Click on it and create a new folder. Drop all the files in the folder that will upload automatically in some time.
- Now, you need to explore the local storage folder where you download the Dropbox files.
- Drag all the files from the local storage folder to Google Drive.
- There is another method to do the same thing. After clicking on the Add New button in your Google Drive account, open the folder window. Find the local storage folder, select it and start uploading it.
This manual approach is quite simple, but it is time-consuming. If the file size is too big, it will take time to download and upload from one platform to another. The process will become massive if you want to transfer big files. Therefore, you need a simple and less time-consuming solution to make the moving process fast.
There is an application known as InClowdz by Wondershare. It helps to transfer the entire data from Dropbox to Google Drive with ease. In the case of big files, it speeds up the moving process. It is a third-party platform, which helps in syncing two cloud services with ease.
One can move all types of media files like images, videos, etc., with this software. It is possible to sync various cloud files. You can also manage many cloud services on this platform. The migration process can simplify with this application. Follow some steps to migrate your data by Wondershare:
- Install the application on your desktop.
- Create your account and log in quickly.
- The homepage will appear, and you need to go to the left-side panel. There is an option of Migrate that you need to click on it.
- Choose the source and then click on Add Cloud Drive to target the cloud account.
- Read all the instructions and click on Authorize Now to authorize your account.
- Now, click on the Dropbox drive and choose all the files that you want to move.
- After selecting the files, choose the target folder and begin the transfer process.
Generally, there are two methods for transferring data from Dropbox to Google Drive. There is one manual approach, and another is the third-party approach. If you have enough time and small files for the migration, you can go for the manual method.
On the other hand, the third-party application is relatively fast, and it can move big files simultaneously. Now, it is easy to choose any cloud service and store all the necessary stuff in it. Many people look for an effective method but picking the right one depends on them.
Every person has different requirements, and one can fulfill them by choosing the perfect technique. Consider the steps of every mentioned method and select the one which is the best for you.