Through the child sponsorship program, the donor can choose a child whose story has touched their lives in a specific way. Even if the child is across the globe, you may see some similar things between yourself and your loved ones, and a child you wish to sponsor. Each month, your sponsorship will help provide the children with necessities for a healthy and successful start to their lives. Over the course of months, or years, your sponsorship will continue to make an impact.
Choosing to sponsor a child’s food, schooling, and general well-being can seem like a challenging thing, especially if you have never met the child. Whether the cost seems too high, or you are uncertain that your sponsorship will make a difference, stop before making the decision and take a look at some of the reasons of why sponsoring a child is of most importance in developing communities.
1. Sponsoring a child is an effective way to contribute those in need – if you feel like you need to make a difference in today’s world, but you lack the means to travel overseas as a volunteer, child sponsorship is the ideal solution. You can make a big difference in developing communities and you will still get a bonus of learning more about the distant culture, all as you follow your sponsored child’s journey.
2. Sponsored children have a better chance to finish their education – many children are forced to drop out of school early on, as it is impossible to afford the ongoing school fees, so the children are required to work. Sponsored children all have an equal opportunity to complete their education. Education is the most important thing to combat poverty and making sure that the children will receive an education is a long-term approach to building a better future. Better education means more opportunities, a new generation of leader, and the chance to break free from poverty.
3. When you sponsor an orphan, you can put a face and a name to the fight against poverty – rather than only donating to an organization, you will get the chance to be personally connected with the cause, which will most definitely change your views on different things in life. Everyone knows that there are millions of people suffering from poverty, but the numbers are so high, that it is impossible to comprehend them. Being connected with a child makes it more real, you will be able to see that there are real people living in such conditions. Sponsors are given regular updates on their sponsored child and they can receive letters from the children.
4. You will be able to see exactly where your money is going – sponsoring a child is a different form of philanthropy than just sending money to any organization that deals with these things. Making any kind of donation always seems a bit risky, especially because you will not know how your money will be distributed. Well, sponsoring a child comes with transparency. By creating a connection with the child and following their progress through updates, you will see that the change is real and you will be sure that your money is used in the right way.
5. It is an affordable way to make a big difference – sponsoring is perhaps the best way to see that small amounts of money can have huge impacts. For just $300 a year, which is $25 a month, you can change one child’s life forever. With less than a dollar each day, you will provide access to food, education, support, and medical care for children.
6. You will feel happier – when we help others, it is always an award. Researchers found a link between giving and the release of endorphins (the hormone of happiness). As a direct result, your body will experience less stress, leaving you with bigger amounts of energy. So, it is really true, when you do good, you will feel good.
When you chose to sponsor an orphan, you will enter a relationship with the child through letter writing, giving birthday gifts, and donating $25 dollars per month. The monthly gifts support these programs which provide spiritual, material, and emotional support to orphans.