As the world becomes increasingly digitized and interconnected, more and more people are working remotely. This has led to a rise in the popularity of screen sharing as a way to collaborate with colleagues. But without proper preparation and planning, screen sharing can lead to disaster.
Here are some best practices to follow when screen sharing for 2022.
Screen Sharing Best Practices for 2022
A few best practices to follow when screen sharing will help make the process go more smoothly.
Always Test Screen Sharing Before You Begin
The last thing you want is to start sharing your screen only to find out that the audio or video isn’t working correctly. To avoid this, test your screen sharing set up before you begin. This way, you can be sure that everything is working as it should and that there won’t be any surprises.
Before you start, there are a few key factors to consider when testing your screen sharing setup.
- Check Your Connection: Make sure you have a strong and stable connection before starting to share your screen.
- Check Your Audio and Video Settings: Ensure that your microphone and webcam are working correctly and that the audio and video quality is good.
- Test Screen Sharing Software: Make sure that your reliable screen sharing software is set up correctly and that you understand how to use it. For more, check: freeconference.com.
Plan Your Screen Sharing Session in Advance
Another best practice to follow when screen sharing is to plan your session in advance. This means having a clear idea of what you want to achieve during the screen sharing session and what each person involved will need to do. Planning ahead will help ensure that the session goes smoothly and that everyone knows what they need to do.
Some things you should consider when planning your screen sharing session include:
- Identify the Purpose of the Session: What do you want to accomplish during the screen sharing session?
- Prepare an Agenda: What topics will you be covering during the session?
- Plan for Technical Issues: What will you do if there are technical issues during the session?
- Ensure Everyone is Prepared: Make sure everyone knows what they need to do and understands the purpose of the session.
When sharing your screen, be mindful of the resolution. If you’re sharing your screen with someone using a lower-resolution monitor, they may not be able to see everything clearly. On the other hand, if you’re sharing your screen with someone using a higher-resolution monitor, they may find the image too small.
To avoid any problems, share your screen at an appropriate resolution.
There are a few factors to consider when sharing your screen at an appropriate resolution.
- The Size of the Monitor: The size of the monitor will affect the resolution. You may need to lower the resolution if you share your screen with someone with a small monitor.
- The Type of Connection: The type of connection will also affect the resolution. You may need to lower the resolution if you share your screen over a slow internet connection.
- The Quality of the Monitor: The quality of the monitor will also affect the resolution. If you’re sharing your screen with someone with a high-quality monitor, you may need to increase the resolution.
Be Mindful of What’s on Your Screen
Remember that anything that is on your screen can be seen by everyone who is viewing it. This includes sensitive information such as passwords, credit card numbers, and personal files. If you need to share something sensitive, obscure or remove it from your screen before you begin sharing.
Some things you should consider when sharing your screen include:
- Hide Sensitive Information: If you need to share something sensitive, obscure or remove it from your screen before you begin sharing.
- Remove Personal Files: If you have personal files on your screen, remove them before you start sharing.
- Be Careful About What You Click: Remember that anything you click on can be seen by everyone viewing your screen. So be careful what you click on.
Keep Your Screen Uncluttered
When sharing your screen, it’s essential to keep your desktop uncluttered. This will help ensure that everyone can see everything clearly and that there aren’t any distractions. Create a separate workspace for screen sharing to keep your desktop clean and organized.
There are a few things you can do to keep your screen uncluttered:
- Use a Separate Workspace: Create a separate workspace for screen sharing to keep your desktop clean and organized.
- Hide Non-Essential Windows: If there are any windows open that aren’t essential to the session, make sure to hide them.
- Use Full-Screen Mode: If your screen sharing software has a full-screen mode, use it. This will help ensure that everyone can see everything clearly.
Start and End on Time
Another best practice to follow when screen sharing is to start and end on time. This means beginning the session at the scheduled time and finishing it when it is supposed to end. Starting and ending on time will help keep the session focused and on track. It will also show respect for everyone’s time.
Some things you can do to start and end on time include:
- Start a Timer: If you need help keeping track of time, create a timer for when the session is supposed to start.
- End Early: If the session is going well and you think it will end early, don’t be afraid to end it early.
The Future of Screen Sharing
There is no doubt that screen sharing has come a long way in recent years. With the advancement of technology, it’s only going to get better. So what does the future of screen sharing hold?
Some things that we can expect in the future of screen sharing include:
- Better Quality: Screen sharing quality will continue to improve as technology advances.
- More Features: We can expect to see more features added to screen sharing software.
- Increased Adoption: Screen sharing will continue to grow in popularity and be adopted by more businesses and individuals.
Screen sharing for 2022 is a great way to collaborate with others, but it’s essential to follow best practices to ensure the session goes smoothly. By following the tips we’ve provided, you can avoid common problems and ensure that everyone can see everything clearly.