Are thinking about creating a website? Maybe you are a business owner and want to advertise and sell your products or services online, or maybe you want to create a personal webpage to share your thoughts and experiences. There are many things to consider when creating a website and one of them is hosting. In this text, we are going to review two leading hosting sites and hopefully help you choose one of them.
Both of these hosting companies offer hosting services of a WordPress page.
Both WPengine and SiteGround offer daily backups and CDN service as well as 24/7 monitoring of your website, so you don’t have to constantly worry about hacking attacks. Also, both companies have a 99% guarantee that your website will work perfectly.
When choosing a website, you should always investigate the speed that hosting site offers and when comparing these two websites, WPengine delivers faster. One of the differences between the two hosting websites is that WPengine supports only one WordPress website, while SiteGround allows you to create other types of websites and it also includes email service.
Furthermore, what about support services? You can contact SiteGround support service via email, phone or live chat and they will reply you instantly. Moreover, SiteGround offers tutorials, webinar series and setup wizard that will help you solve basic problems. Also, WPengine offers Support Garage where you will find the most frequent questions and answers by simply researching the topics. However, if you have any additional questions, their support team is available 24/7 via User Portal, live chat or if you use Growth hosting plan via phone.
WP engine offers three main hosting plans plus one additional custom hosting plan.
- StartUp is a basic hosting plan that is recommended for small websites and blog. This hosting plan supports up to 25,000 visits per month and offers 10 GB of local storage.
- Growth is a hosting plan for growing business and business owners who will have to develop their website through time. It supports up to 100,000 visits per month and provides you with 20 GB of storage
- Scale hosting plan offers you 400,000 visits per month, 30 GB of storage, and 400 GB of bandwidth.
- Custom hosting plan is recommended for large business. The advantage of this hosting plan is that you can customize it with the help of a sales specialist. This plan offers millions of visits per month, storage can be anywhere between 100 GB and 1 TB and also the plan offers over 400 GB of bandwidth.
When it comes to SiteGround, you can choose between three main hosting plans.
- StartUp supports 10,000 visits per month, 10 GB of storage and unmetered data transfer. You should opt for this hosting plan if you are creating a personal blog or basic website for your business.
- GrowBig plan is designed for growing WordPress websites. It supports 25,000 visits monthly, 20 GB of local storage and also unmetered data transfer.
- GoGeek supports essential, premium and geeky WordPress features as well as 100,000 visits per month and 30 GB of space.
The main difference between companies’ hosting plans is what happens when you exceed the limit. If you opt for WPengine, your website performance won’t be affected and you will be charged an additional fee at the end of the month. On the other hand, if you exceed the limit at SiteGround, you will be contacted by their support team to discuss possible changes in your hosting plan.
Moreover, both sites offer a money-back guarantee. If you choose WPengine, you have 60 days to apply for a refund, and with SiteGround you have 30 days.
Here are some main features of both hosting websites, but we focused on the hosting plans they offer. The prices differ and you should consider what kind of website you want to create. Is it going to be a basic personal blog, or on the other hand you want to create a complex website that will require high maintenance?