Summer dinner parties are a great way to enjoy the warm weather and gather with friends and family. With the right recipes, you can create a memorable experience for all your guests.
Whether you’re looking for a light salad to start the evening or a flavorful main course to round out the meal, these summer dinner party recipes are sure to be a success. With easy-to-follow instructions and simple ingredients, these dishes are perfect for any summer gathering.
7 Recipes Perfect for a Summer Dinner Party
Here are a few recommended recipes that are sure to be a hit at your summer dinner party.
1. Canapés with FoieGood Duck Spreadable Product
This delicious dish ranks as an ethical foie alternative that’s sure to impress even the pickiest of eaters. The spread is a delicious duck liver pâté with a smooth, creamy texture and an intense flavor.
FoieGood duck spreadable product offers a mouthwatering alternative and a more sustainable option. With this product, you can create a delicious and ethical alternative to foie gras that is just as luxurious and satisfying.
You can enjoy duck spreadable in various ways, from spreading it on toast or crackers to using it as a dip for vegetables. It also makes a great addition to risottos, stuffed artichokes, …
2. Grilled Fish Tacos
When it comes to summer dinner parties, grilled fish tacos are a must-have recipe. Not only are they fresh and flavorful, but they’re also a crowd-pleaser that will impress your guests. To make this dish:
- Select a firm white fish like cod, tilapia, or halibut.
- Marinate the fish with a mixture of lime juice, garlic, and your preferred spices for about an hour before grilling.
- While the fish is marinating, prepare your taco fixings. Some ideas include chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, pickled onions, and fresh cilantro. Warm up some corn tortillas on the grill, and you’re ready to assemble your tacos.
- Add the grilled fish to the tortilla and top it off with your favorite fixings and a drizzle of spicy mayo or a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Grilled fish tacos are easy to prepare, delicious, and a healthier alternative to traditional beef or pork tacos. Plus, they’re perfect for outdoor summer parties as they are light, refreshing, and ideal for hot weather. Wow your guests by serving a platter of grilled fish tacos and watch them disappear within minutes.
For those hot summer evenings, a chilled bowl of Gazpacho is just right to serve your guests as an appetizer. Gazpacho is a classic Spanish soup served cold and made with fresh vegetables, such as tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, and onions. It is blended to a smooth consistency and is usually garnished with croutons, fresh herbs, or a drizzle of olive oil.
To make Gazpacho, you’ll need:
- 4 large tomatoes.
- 1 large cucumber.
- 1 red bell pepper.
- 1 small onion.
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 3 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fresh parsley for garnish.
- Roughly chop the vegetables and garlic and add them to a blender.
- Add the olive oil and white wine vinegar to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour, then serve.
- When ready to serve, pour the Gazpacho into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
Gazpacho is a great appetizer because it is light and refreshing; it’s also filling enough to keep your guests satisfied until the main course is ready. Also, it’s a great way to incorporate fresh, seasonal vegetables into your menu.
4. Caprese Skewers
This is also a perfect appetizer for any summer dinner party. This delicious recipe is easy to make and requires just a few simple ingredients.
- Cherry tomatoes.
- Fresh mozzarella.
- Basil leaves.
- Balsamic vinegar.
- Olive oil.
- Salt and pepper.
- Rinse and dry the cherry tomatoes. Chop up the mozzarella.
- Thread a cherry tomato, a piece of fresh mozzarella, and a small basil leaf onto a skewer.
- Repeat the process until all skewers are filled.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Drizzle the mixture over the skewers.
- Season the skewers with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Caprese Skewers chilled or at room temperature.
They can be made in advance and easily transported, making them ideal for outdoor events. Your guests will love the delicious combination of flavors and textures in this simple yet elegant appetizer.
5. Summer Fruit Tart
It’s hard to beat a delicious fruit tart because it is refreshing and light. Also, it is a beautiful addition to any dinner party spread.
To make a summer fruit tart, you will only need to follow the outlined steps:
- Start by prepping the crust. You can use a store-bought pie crust, or make your own using a mixture of flour, sugar, salt, and butter.
- Press the dough into a tart pan and bake it in the oven until it’s golden brown.
- Go ahead and prepare the filling while that is baking. This can be a simple mixture of cream cheese and powdered sugar, or you can get creative and use a flavored pastry cream or custard. Once the filling is ready, spread it evenly into the cooled crust.
- Now it’s time for the fun part – adding the fruit! Summer fruits like strawberries, blueberries, and peaches are perfect for this tart.
- Arrange them in a colorful and appealing way on top of the filling.
- To finish off the tart, you can brush the fruit with a simple glaze made from melted jelly or honey. This will give the tart a beautiful shine and help keep the fruit looking fresh.
When serving the tart, slice it into wedges and serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream. Your guests will love this delicious and elegant dessert, and you’ll love how easy it was to make!
6. BBQ Ribs
As far as summer dinner party recipes are concerned, you can’t go wrong with BBQ ribs. This dish is perfect for a casual outdoor gathering with friends or a family dinner in the backyard. As a bonus, it is another hit that everyone is sure to love!
To get started, you’ll need a few ingredients, including:
- Pork spareribs.
- Your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Salt and pepper.
- Olive oil.
- Begin by preheating your grill to medium heat.
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper on both sides and lightly coat them with olive oil.
- Once your grill is heated, place the ribs on the grill and let them cook for about 30 minutes, or until they’re browned on both sides.
- Next, brush a generous amount of BBQ sauce on each side of the ribs, and continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes, until the sauce is caramelized and sticky.
- Once the ribs are cooked through and tender, remove them from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
- For an extra touch of flavor, you can also sprinkle some fresh chopped herbs, such as parsley or cilantro, on top of the ribs.
- Pair your BBQ ribs with some grilled vegetables, such as corn on the cob or zucchini, and a refreshing summer drink, like lemonade or iced tea.
7. Strawberry Shortcake
Nothing screams summer quite like strawberries! For a sweet and refreshing end to your summer dinner party, serve up a classic strawberry shortcake.
- Start by baking some tender shortcakes, you can use a store-bought mix or make them from scratch.
- While they’re baking, slice up some fresh strawberries and mix them with a bit of sugar to bring out their natural sweetness.
- Once your shortcakes are done, layer them with the strawberries and top it all off with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
- For an extra special touch, try making your own whipped cream. This simple yet satisfying dessert is sure to be a hit with your guests.
There you have it, some delicious and easy recipes to make for your next summer dinner party. Whether you’re grilling up some fish tacos, serving up a refreshing gazpacho, or indulging in some finger-licking BBQ ribs, these recipes are sure to thrill your guests and keep everyone happy.
And don’t forget about dessert, the sweet and juicy taste of strawberry shortcake is the perfect way to end a summer evening. So, fire up the grill, break out the fresh produce, and get ready to enjoy a fabulous summer dinner party with these mouth-watering recipes. Happy cooking!