We are all interested in how the weather will be in the next few days/weeks so we can prepare our clothes to dress according to it. And let’s be honest – whenever we don’t have a subject to start, we talk about the weather with our friends. So weather is a thing that affects us all and staying updated is pretty important. Now, what better way than by having your own weather station?
Wait, what – how is that even possible? Well, there is a device called wireless weather station that picks up the info through a wireless and presents it on an HD display. A wireless weather station has become quite a trend everywhere around, and there are many on the market. From wind speed and humidity to chances for rainfall and temperature the wireless weather station updates us on everything.
Let’s take a look at how to know a good wireless weather station and what are the five best on the market now!Source: AccuWeather
Key Factors To Look At
- First of all, you have to realize that although wireless weather stations might seem high-tech, it is not something you have to break your budget at. There are numerous models that come at a modest price and still do an excellent job.
- When it comes to the best wireless weather stations you can buy, you should opt for the ones that have a great range. The better the transmission range is the better the information you receive will be.
- Of course, how would a weather station be good if it is not accurate with only the slightest margin of error?
- Data Type. The more data your weather station can give the better. So apart from humidity, temperature, pressure and wind direction, it would be good if it gave chances of rainfall, UV, and even how is the soil at the moment.
The Best Wireless Weather Stations Out There
- AcuRite Atlas Home Weather Station. Anyone who is invested in the market knows how long expect was the AcuRiteAtlas Home Weather Station, and all the wait has paid off. It offers numerous indicators – from the four main (humidity, temperature, pressure, wind direction) to the useful rainfall percentage, UV, as well as light intensity. Along with that it transmits data every 10 seconds and has the wireless range of up to 100 meters. What is excellent about this AcuRite Atlas Home Weather Station is that it even offers a lighting detector (up to 40 km) so you will be noticed before any strikes. Along with that, AcuRite did an excellent job providing us with a beautiful and easy to use HD display, that you can even take screenshots of. It is easy to install and runs on a high powered 4 AA lithium batteries. The price now is $250 so hurry up and get yourself one!
- Ambient Weather WiFi Wireless Station. On our second place comes the weather station produced by the famous Ambient brand. It once again comes with an excellent LCD that is easy-to-read, and you even have the option to transmit your data to the main weather station in your area. What is good about it is that same as the previous one it offers much more than the main four indicators – it measures humidity, temperature, wind direction, pressure, rainfall, and UV. The only thing that lacks is the lighting indicator, but the station itself is still pretty good. Easy to use with a mobile, tablet or PC this one is priced at $150!
- ThermoPro TP-60S WiFI Station. This ThermoPro wireless weather station is one of the best wireless weather stations you can buy for December 2018 and offers the WiFi range of around 60 meters. It measures humidity, pressure, temperature and wind direction, and can even act as a thermometer ensuring the proper temperature or humidity in your room, garage, or basement. It is cheap indeed coming at only $20!
- La Crosse Technology C85845 WiFi Weather Station. This one can monitor the in and out the temperature in a matter of seconds, and carefully animates the changes in humidity/temperature. It is great for a backyard control and has even an adjustable backlight. The screen is easy-to-read, and this La Crosse device is certainly one of the best wireless stations for your money.
- AcuRite 02081 Wireless Weather Station. Last, but not least compared to its counterpart AcuRite Atlas Home Weather Station this still does quite a good job. It is accurate using the signal from your backyard, and the self-calibrating technology. Easy to install, with a one-year warranty and resistant to any weather damage this one is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to get a high-quality device without breaking the budget. It comes at a price of $60. It has a 100-meter wireless signal and gives you the report of daily highs and lows once the cycle ends. This device will monitor humidity, barometric pressure, wind direction and of course temperature!
At the end of the day, it is pretty simple – there isn’t a reason why you wouldn’t get yourself a wireless weather station. This convenient device will give you all the weather information you need 24/7, and as you can see there are more than few ones for which you don’t have to pay over $50 and still get a good performance!