Having a pet is a wonderful thing, and whether it is a dog, a cat or even a rabbit, it is something that will make your day better every time you come back home. We love them, and they love us even more – and we should make their time the best one while we are together.
Still, pets know to leave a mess, and it isn’t a thing someone enjoys cleaning, but oh well we love them, so we have to go with it. Whether it is hair, muddy prints, or simply food and toys everywhere around your apartment you have to get up and clean it up. As you might know, cleaning hair from your furniture or clothes can be pretty pesky, and you have to use the right methods in order to succeed. That is why we have decided to go ahead and make a list providing you tips on how to clean after your pet!
How To Clean Up After Your Pet
1. When it comes to tips for housekeeping one of the most important things is to keep all the toys and essentials for your pet in few boxes. This way you will keep clean, and as soon as your pet is done with playing get it back in there, so your house isn’t a mass. And it would be even better if you go ahead and teach your pet to put it away.
2. Along with that, you might want to put non-slip mattresses below the food and water bowls. This way you will prevent spillage and mess around the bowls which can be pretty hard to clean up.
3. Also, each time you get back from a walk keep your dog waiting before you clean his paws and let him in. This way you will prevent getting muddy prints on your carpet or floor, and save yourself time and from stress.
4. Now, as mentioned above one of the hardest things to get rid of is the hair as it can end up everywhere – furniture, clothing, etc. Thus, the first step is prevention, and when it comes to furniture, you should be putting blankets over and with that protecting it from hair.
5. One of the best methods we tried for removing hair from furniture is with the dryer sheets. Though this might sound unexpected, a dryer sheet will help you remove almost anything including dog’s hair, and along with a roll tape, it might just be the best way to get rid of it.
6. Along with that, a good tip is to dampen your carpet or clothes before vacuuming. Just be careful and don’t soak it – only wet it a bit, so it is easier to clean.
7. Also, when cleaning your floor, you should use a dampened mop rather than the dry one as it is more effective.
8. And of course not to forget using a vacuum to clean your house out of dog hair is surely the best way out there. There are many great vacuums for pet hair on the internet so be sure to get yourself a piece. In order to maximize the potential dampen the area, you will vacuum, and clean your vacuum on a regular basis (as hair can be stuck in it). Last but not least alternate the vacuum directions to achieve a more effective cleaning session.
Yes, cleaning after a pet can be quite pesky but we love them, and that is why they are allowed to make even a bit of mess. Still, if you follow the above-recommended tips, you will have a much easier time. And remember prevention is the key, so do everything in your power to do it!