Prince Charles is ready to help Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with the security costs and will pay £2 million per year, as long as they live in the United States, claims the royal source.
As he mentioned, the total bill of the couple’s security is somewhere around £4 million, and Prince Charles will pay a part of the amount.
“It will not be revealed how much and what that is used for, but it is believed to be around £2 million. It would not be a surprise if it went into meeting the bill for security. However, the Prince of Wales does not have an infinite amount of money. The total income from the Duchy of Cornwall is annually around £21million.” – continued royal source.
The costs of security for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex is that high because they will have to use private security, as the Metropolitan Police can’t carry guns in the U.S.
The famous couple claimed that they never had the intention of asking for money from the president.
‘The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have no plans to ask the U.S. Government for security resources, funded security arrangements have been made.’ – said Sussex spokesman.
Prince Harry and Meghan had to give some reply as Trump announced that he would not help with their security bill.
I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 29, 2023
‘I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!’ – wrote Trump.
As some sources are claiming, the royal couple wanted help from the Secret Service, as they protect international diplomats. However, that kind of request should be allowed by Trump, and he said his attitude loud and clear.
Duke and Duchess of Sussex and their son Archie moved to L.A. in the last week, in their private jet. Many people linked their moving with the fact that Canadian authorities refuse to help them with the cost of protection.
However, it’s evident that Trump is not ready to help them as Prince Harry is no longer an “international protected person” because the couple quit the royal life.