In the past few years, far-east island destinations became really popular for tourists all around the world, with Thailand and its beautiful Phuket being in the first place. And it is true, the beauty and diversity of far-east countries are general is something that should be respected.
One of the sometimes forbidden tourist destinations in Sri Lanka – a beautiful island country situated south-east from India. With the Colombo being its capital, this country is unique and captures so much in an area of 65,610 km2. The reasons why you should visit it are numerous, and believe us if you plan it on time the airplane ticket is going to be more than affordable as well. As of the expenses, you will have to trust us with $200 you can live really well for almost a month!
Let’s go ahead and take a look at the 10 reasons why you should visit the so-called ‘Pearl of the Indian Ocean’!
Why You Should Visit Sri Lanka
- You will have more than enough options to relax and enjoy yourself while out there. Sri Lanka is pretty famous for its two things – yoga and surfing. Whether you are a beginner or advanced surfer the variety of reef breaks, and pumping waves, along the coast of beautiful sandy beaches will provide you with an excellent experience. And it is usually not crowded as well, so no need to worry about waiting in line. Along with that, if you practiced yoga before or you want to start just now, Sri Lanka is the right place. It has numerous retreats where you can meet new people invested in it, and get the right knowledge! img source: mirror.co.uk
- If you are a fan of wildlife and nature in general Sri Lanka will amaze you. Once you are there, be sure to hire some of the travel agents in Sri Lanka that will walk you through all the beauties. You will be encountering elephants, mongoose, boars, bears, monkeys, dears and even water buffalos!
- UNESCO Heritage. Sri Lanka offers 8 sites that are included in the UNESCO Heritage. The beautiful coast forts like the Galle Fort one will allow you to enjoy panoramic views and amazing architecture that was influenced by Dutch, Portuguese and British colonists (throughout the 19th century).
- If you are a food guru, Sri Lanka is the right place for you. The main dishes resemble Indian cuisine but are somewhat milder and even more diverse. Be sure to try national dishes like string hoppers, kottu and enjoy all the fresh seafood and tropical fruit that will be picked just before you eat it. Also, the variety of spices included in dishes will amaze you.
- If you are looking for a country that is sunny almost all-year long go to Sri Lanka. Apart from the summer months when monsoon season arrives (more rainy and humid), you can enjoy clear skies all day long.
- We are sure that you have experienced language troubles in most of the Asian countries you went to and in some European as well (France, Italy, Spain). In Sri Lanka, though a lot of people do speak fluent English (especially in the bigger cities) so you will not have a problem.
- Once you arrive in Sri Lanka, it will be pretty easy traveling throughout the whole island. You have a variety of busses, trains, cars and even domestic flights that travel agents in Sri Lanka will be glad to help you with. Just know that before you arrive in Sri Lanka, you will have to get a visa, but that is easily done online by being a fee.
- Accommodation On whatever side of the budget you are there are options from you – from 5-star hotels to eco-lodges and colonial houses you are sure to enjoy the comfort of Sri Lanka’s accommodation offer.
- Oh yes, the beaches are one of Sri Lanka’s hidden treasures. White, sandy, with the water being crystal clear it is something you will enjoy the whole day long. And the photos you make will be some of the best you have ever done.
- Last, but not least Sri Lanka, for now, is pretty uncrowded. As we mentioned above Thailand has been the main tourist attraction for years, so be sure to use this option and go to Sri Lanka while it is still unspoiled!
As you can see throughout the article the reasons and benefits of visiting a Sri Lanka are numerous. Believe us, a 14-day trip to this beautiful country will have an impact on your life for years ahead. So what are you waiting for? Go and book that flight!