Those of us who have lived in dorm rooms with our roommates know how fun it can be. Right from binge-watching Breaking Bad to munching on waffles and pancakes; the memory of whiling away time in the dorm room still gives you peace. Dorm rooms aren’t only meant to sleep and study; there are tons of activities you can undertake to have fun there. If you had been there, you would know.
1. Movie Time– You know now that Netflix & Chill is the trend, but there was a time when multi-collection DVDs were a thing. Running back to back classics was a favorite pastime. Renting a movie is much faster now, and there are loads more of the collection available on the internet. All you need is an internet connection, and you are all set to go.
2. Childhood Games– We all loved some games in our childhood; be it a monopoly, chess, or marbles. There are a few days in college when we love to revisit our childhood and give those games a try again. You can try those or go for Poker if you like. There are tons of games available to play with your roomies.
3. Start A Blog– You remember those times where you talked with your roomie, talking about all the stuff that should have been invented; those conversations start this way, “you know what would be cool?”. Go on; tell everyone what would be the coolest thing. You and your roommate could start a blog and make it worth reading.
4. Create a wall collage– Dorm roomies like to do this one, pinning quotes on dorm wall or set a collage of photos taken from your trip together. Putting up posters of your favorite movies is another thing dorm roommates just cannot resist.
5. Test Your Fashion Sense– It was always your roommate who gave you advice on what would look good when you were going out for a date. You would dress up and come ask for their view. That is one thing I miss about having a roomie. Dorm roommates can always dress up and try different things, posing in front of each other and having those laughs. It is a fun activity if you are in the mood for it.
6. Prep for your papers– Studying isn’t that difficult when you have a roomie to study with. It can be a lot more fun when you have a partner to study with. You find a term that sounds weird, and you go on a roll laughing. Scratching your head when you cannot understand a word of what you have to study, whiling away time with your roommates can take your mind away for a while. That helps to give you a break and gives you a concentration boost. Be it finding someone to write an essay and finding the right paper writing service or exams; having someone by your side to pull an all-nighter is always a comforting thought.
7. Get Online– Whenever you are getting bored, you can go online to stalk your classmates over Facebook. You can shop together on different shopping portals and look for a great buy. It is always engrossing looking to shop stuff online, and it makes you happier and gets in the mood.
8. Go Exercise– All you need is a room partner to have a competition over who can do more crunches in one go. Go for pushups or crunches; when you have a roommate to go competitive with, it makes the exercise all the more interesting.
9. Video Games– If you have a console, you can plug in that and begin playing games to pass away your time. However fun it is, you know it gets addictive after a while. Hold competitions with your mates and have a lot of fun.