If you live in a place where weather is unpredictable, and you don’t know when it’s going to rain then you have to always keep something with you to protect yourself from unexpected rain. At times it even feels like the weather forecast is deceiving you. No one likes it when the downpour ruins their outfit; needless to say, rain brings many challenges for the hijabis as well.
Everyone like rainy days when they are enjoying a hot cup of favorite coffee or sipping warm tea with favorite snacks; but the same rain becomes a nuisance when it wets your headscarf, gets into your boots or spoils your makeup.
Rainy day for a hijabi
All women despise rain for messing up their hair, yet hijabis have a different kind of challenge in change: keeping their hijab intact and dry. A Hijab needs to be taken in a very graceful style and carried elegantly so that it covers the head and looks sophisticated at the same time. My all-time favorite hijab in rainy weather is always the everyday hijab made from chiffon – and pinless too!
Below 4 rainy-day ideas for hijabi ladies with some serious fashion goals:
Style is 100% water-proof
Rainy days are meant to be enjoyed by everyone. So even if you are wearing a hijab, that doesn’t mean that a rainstorm or light rain should change your routine style.
- You can wear rubber wellies, sneakers or boots with the anoraks armors, umbrellas and trench coats. Rain can’t stop you to look the best no matter at what place you are headed.
- Hijabis can go for a classic look with an all-white elegant dress topped up with a classic coat. Another idea is to opt for loafers in the drizzling days as they will not get ruined by some drops of rain.
- You can pair your knee-length black dress or frock with knee-high long-boots while covering with a coat that covers most of the outfit to protect it from getting wet.
Rainy day with some classics
To plan out your outfit for a rainy day, the important consideration is to choose a dress that would also appear stylish if it stopped raining. To be on the safe side, choose a dress that doesn’t drag down, is too low or hangs loosely.
- With a skirt-and-blouse look, you can keep yourself warm with a pair of tights in your outfit. If you have to go to work on a rainy day and you are afraid that on your way your darling shoes might get dirty, then you can slip in a pair of chunky heel boots that would go very well with your office look as well as rainy day look.
- Sometimes in rainy days sneakers become a life-saver. They would work with your look whether you knew that it’s going to rain or even if rain took you by surprise. Sneakers work fine even if the rain picks up and are not bulky at all when clouds in the sky run dry. A casual look with sneakers, pair of pants and sweatshirt along with hijab always gives a cool and decent look.
Let this rain make you shine
Your look on a rainy day would decide how well you can carry your hijab look; this day decides how girls meet glam.
- For a rainy day, you would always think of wearing traditional long-boots which would protect you from rain; for a change, short duck boots would look amazing for a rainy-day outfit with jeans or skirt.
- You can keep your look casual with a cool pair of slim leather pants paired with a bright color hijab, and if it’s raining in the winter season, you can wear hijab with a down coat having a fur cap.
- If you are feeling lazy on a rainy day and want to give yourself a casual look then you can opt for an anorak, paired with contrast-colored hijab over a classic trench on rainy day.
Right outfit for a bright rainy day
The style statement is the most important thing for ladies. As fall turns to winter and the rain becomes stronger, you need to make sure that you always have a coat with you to protect yourself from wind and keep you warm and cozy in case it starts raining.
- Flat ankle boots are a great choice for the rainy season as they cut down the bulk of clothes and you can wear them when you reach wherever you are heading.
- As a plus on this rainy day, a colorful pair of kicks or a knee-length shirt is just the perfect thing to make your day bright and shiny even on a dreary rainy day.
Things need to go on in life as per the routine even if the rain is going to be your spoiler for the planned things. Rain or shine, ladies cannot compromise on style. Being a hijabi, prepare yourself for whatever the day brings and show the world that you are comfortable in your outlook.