For many people, shopping on Black Friday is a tradition. It is the one day in a year where they go shopping with their family or friends, and they get to spend a whole day together without interruptions. Black Friday is always the day after Thanksgiving day.
– Of course, shopping on Black Friday is often a stressful process and to help you survive the busy day, here are some tips for you:
- Start planning early – if you are planning to spend lots of money during Black Friday, you also need to plan the process in early November or even late October. This can allow you to sort through the list of items you want and you will avoid stressful situations as much as possible. So start early and give yourself an advantage over others who wait until the last minute. As you know, Black Friday is no longer a one-day event. In fact, the sales aren’t released on Black Friday, they are actually revealed during the Thanksgiving week. So, the earlier you start your planning, the better chance of finding the items you want are.
- Plan a budget – one of the most important things to do is to plan your budget. You will see a lot of things on sale and automatically think that you will be able to afford it because it is being offered on sale. This is often true, but you cannot allow yourself to go on an endless shopping spree. In the early stages of planning, it is crucial to take a look at your income and expenses. It will be possible for you to figure out what you can afford to spend and how much leeway you have with your budget.
- Shop using discount gift cards and sign up for emails – it is always fun to get a deal on an item, but it is even better if you get a great deal. The simplest way to do this is to use gift cards. Before going out to shop, visit some websites to find discount gift cards, you will be able to find gift cards for hundreds of retailers. Go to the website of the shops you would like to visit and sign up for an email newsletter. It is important that you do this at least two weeks prior to Black Friday. If done on time, you will start getting emails, and it will allow you to add new items to your list. According to an infographic by Apple, you will be able to get an „Apple iPad Pro 10.5 inch (64GB)“, for $499, which means that you will be able to save almost $150. This discount, plus the gift card you might get means that you will be able to get this product for an even lower price for 2019 Black Friday sale.
- Make a Black Friday shopping team – while it would be great if you could be in two places at once, it is impossible. You can still get all of the early morning deals that you want without having to be at the store yourself.
Create a team with your friends or family, and you will have a win-win situation for every person involved. You can each take note on what other people want from the store assigned to you, and you won’t have to worry about not being able to buy something, or the item going out of stock.
- Check the return policies of the items you buy – retailers tend to change their return policies a bit during the Holiday season. While some shops extend them, others might restrict them or increase their restocking price. Doorbuster and „final sale“ products usually have the strictest policies, so make sure you know what the policy will say before buying anything. Make sure that you save and ask for your receipts.
If this is not enough, you should definitely check out this Black Friday shopping tips infographic.
– Also, one of the things to keep in mind that Black Friday sales can sometimes be crazy and people tend to be a little bit more aggressive. In some events, people got hurt. This is unlikely to happen to you, but it is still a possibility.
If you notice that there is commotion at a specific place, make sure that you just walk away from it. It might mean that you will miss out on the sale, but you will be safe and unharmed. Don’t forget to start early, plan a budget, check the websites, and plan the attack with your friends. If done right, you will not only be able to get technology for a much lower price but also everything else that you might want or need.