Sometimes, trying to figure out the best way to win a girl’s attention can be more baffling than figuring out why Louis Suarez has a penchant for biting his opponents. Luckily, there are five ways listed here to guarantee you’ll up your game and inch that bit closer to the woman of your dreams:
1. Be Confident. Confidence is sexy and very often outstrips looks in the attraction department. If you’re one of those guys who wasn’t blessed with the facial features of Tom Hardy, don’t despair. The majority of the time, a girl will choose a self-confident male over a drop-dead gorgeous one. Look at Mick Jagger. If you’re naturally a shy or awkward man, just pretend you’re confident. Just because you don’t feel confident, it doesn’t mean people won’t fall for the charade you put on. Approach her; walk with your head high; have a bit of a swagger; don’t stare at her too much in an openly gawking manner; look her in the eye when you talk to her; let a smile curl up your lips every now and then, and let off a cheeky wink here and there. Confidence drives a woman wild because it’s an indication that a man knows how to take control and be assertive. Be careful not to cross the border of confidence into arrogance though; you don’t want to put her off!
2. Dress Well. Veering into the appearance sector, no girl likes to look at a slob. It doesn’t matter if you like to sit there in a tatty vest and boxers on a Friday night swigging beer and watching TV. What matters is that when you’re out there trying to get the attention of your dream girl, you need to ensure she’s drawn to you physically. Clothing is important; women place a lot of value on this and will judge you accordingly based on how you are dressed. You don’t have to don yourself in a suit and tie; just make sure your clothes are clean and tidy; wear an accessory if you can. Hats, gloves and a good pair of shoes are not often given the attention they deserve – but girls pay close attention to this sort of thing and so should you!
3. Smell good. You would be surprised just how much a decent aftershave can have a powerful effect on a girl. Once you actually get close enough to speak to her, you don’t want to put her off with wafts of body odour emitting from your armpits or garlic breath from the pizza at lunchtime.
4. Make Her Laugh. According to the experts at Honey Girls, you don’t have to be Ricky Gervais or Roger Rabbit (though both are a prime example of funny guys who have scores of women fancying them thanks to their witty comebacks – particularly the last one!) Laughter is one of the best ways to gain a girl’s attention. Just as the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so is laughter the best way to a woman’s. Self-deprecating humor is probably the best way to impress the girl; women like a man who can laugh at himself.
5. Show Passion. Whatever it is you’ve dedicated yourself toward, show passion for it! Whether you work in retail or you’re a sportsman, whether you’re a cleaner or a manager for a large company, at the end of the day, women like a man who is passionate and dedicated to what he does – it shows ambition and, again, that all-important confidence. Your passion and drive will naturally draw her attention, and she will be intrigued enough to want to know more.
Remember, you don’t have to be Tom Cruise with pearly whites to get a girl’s attention. You don’t need a flash car and wheelbarrows of money. Be confident, be clean and be the very best of yourself – then watch how her apathy turns to interest!