When we think of beach or spa resort vacation, one of the things that add up to the relaxing and luxurious feel is being able to wear a plush robe. A lot of resorts and hotels are offering free usage of their cosy spa robes as part of their complementary amenity. For men, this may mean nothing significant but for the ladies, a spa robe is already included in the equation. Hence, the quality of the spa robe offered should not disappoint; plain stained or ugly robes are a big no as these can only ruin your stay-cation dream.
Not all women’s spa robes are the same. They come in a variety of types depending mainly on the materials they are made of. If you want to buy a spa robe that does not dash your hope for a relaxing bath or spa session, finalizing your preference and making sure it matches your prospective robe is necessary. Whether you prefer getting wrapped in a terrycloth or in a warm and fleecy material, making sure your chosen spa robe comfortably fits you is important. It’s one of the determinants that you got the best value of your money.
Here are your options:
- Classic Robes – Classic robes from parachute are 100% Turkish cotton made and they are what you should look for by default if you are still a robe beginner. Classic robes usually have that shawl collar, tie waist, and two front pockets and are coloured grey or white. They do an amazing job in keeping you warm after a shower. Despite classic robes being sometimes referred to as spa robes or bathrobes, they are actually still perfect as a cosy wrap as you binge on Netflix on your sofa. Most classic robes are lightweight and comfy on the skin amid any type of weather.
- Kimono Style Bathrobes – One of the popular versions of spa robes adopts the style of Kimono, a formal garment in Japan. Kimono bathrobes are as long and loose with wide sleeves. They are a popular choice among Asians and people who have a thing for Asian-themed colours and patterns. Kimono style bathrobes also have that sensual appeal. One of the bestselling bathrobes of this style is the old Shanghai which is crafted using polyester satin. Robe lovers say the often silky soft Kimono style bathrobes like Shanghai are a unique creation as they have a side slot aside from their inert ties and side pockets that they can even be worn as a fashionable clad outdoors. All it will need to look posh and funky at the same time under are a pair of jeans and a beautiful top to go with.
- Bamboo Blend Bathrobes – You may want to try out this type of bathrobe which is made using bamboo grass’s pulps. This interesting type of robe often gives that naturally soft and smooth feel to the skin. Unlike the other types of robes, this one does not easily lose its shine even after a series of washes, retaining its beautiful, silky look. Moreover, it brags about its repellence to bacteria because the bamboo made fabric possesses antibacterial properties. On the downside, even though they hardly get ugly and faded, bamboo made bathrobes perform poorly in terms of absorbency. Hence, if to stay warm is one of your reasons to buy a bathrobe then you should shift away from this type. Or you can still go for robes with bamboo material for as long as it is blended with other fabrics like cotton.
- Waffle Weave Robes – Most hotels and spas use white waffle weave robes during treatments because they do the job of making the client feel all the more pampered. Waffle weave robes are produced from the blend of Polyester and Turkish cotton. This duo is excellent as it does the job of warming the user despite being thin without compromising its lightness. This type of robe is popular as a beach or pool cover-up too. As most waffle weave robes are fancy looking and as they come in many available fashionable colours like blue, navy blue, pink, red, and green, wearing them outdoors is not an issue. In fact, many robe lovers also wear waffle weave robes while traveling or while relaxing inside the house because of their cosy, comfortable feel albeit non-fleecy.
- Fleece Robes – Fleece robes made from high quality fleece fabric like those created by Pajama Mania are also cosy and soft to the skin and can be a perfect garment to keep you warm while you laze around your house. Fleece robes also have two front pockets, a shawl collar, and inner ties but unlike other robes, these have belt for a more comfortable fit. This type is also a best seller, in fact you’ll find lots of good reviews about it especially on Amazon. In terms of patterns and colours, fleece robes have a lot to offer. However, most fleece robes are short in length that tall users often feel the tip around mid-calf.
- Lightweight Woven Robes – This type of robe is usually made from 100% pre-shrunk cotton. Lightweight woven robes like those from Alexander Del Rossa are a famous robe choice for summer not only because they are lightweight but also because they are made thin and are perfect to wear even in a warm climate. Thus, robe lovers from tropical and warm locations often choose this type of robe over the others.
- Terry Bathrobes – Last in my list is terry bathrobes which are as cosy and perfect to slide in after your shower or bath. Terry bathrobes are soft the skin as the fabric it is made of is highly absorbent that it can dry any remaining drops of water your body is pressing it against. They are 100% Turkish cotton made that can provide that relaxing and luxurious feel you have been addicted to. Many robe lovers prefer terry cloth because it is light, fluffy, and soft. However, after several washes, its beauty and shine are likely to fade.