Finding the best tools for you to use when you have hair of specific texture can be difficult. Because it is different in structure, curly hair tends to encounter many more issues than straight.
Getting the right hair dryer will mean the world to your curls and their health. However, with so many brands out there, settling for a hairdryer that genuinely works for you can be daunting. Are you on the hunt for the best hair dryers for curly hair? Scroll on to see some of our best picks that live up to their price tags. These dryers will not only speed up the drying process of your mane but will also help you maintain luscious curls.
But first, let’s get a few things out of the way.
- Why you need a special hair dryer for curly hair?
- Here are a few reasons why you need a special hair dryer for curly hair
- How to pick the best hair dryer for curly hair?
- Buying guide
- The best hair dryers for curly hair
- Best Value For Money
- The Verdict
Why you need a special hair dryer for curly hair?
Curly hair, straight hair, and African hair are all different in structure. Your hair is made up of a protein called keratin, which comes in many shapes and forms. Some people naturally have more sulfur in their hair molecules and therefore have curly hair. It’s a real blessing sometimes because you can have the gorgeous natural texture many women have to pay for in salons. However, it’s mostly a curse.
Heat can have adverse effects on your natural hair, even worse if you have curly hair. Yet, most people continue to use standard hairdryers and end up damaging their curls. To maintain those shiny, soft curls, you must have the right hair products and tools. One of these tools is a hairdryer with the right speed, power, and heat.
Read next: Advantages of wall mounted hair dryers
Hairdryers for curly hair are one of those things that are either a hit or a miss. Sometimes it’s not even about the money. It’s just about knowledge.
But first, let’s get a few things out of the way.
Here are a few reasons why you need a special hair dryer for curly hair
- Special hair dryers have advanced technology that ensures fast, controlled drying and styling without damaging your hair.
- They have precise heat setting functionalities to dry your curly hair without causing it to frizz gently.
- They have special ionic conditioning that locks in moisture, ensuring that your hair remains voluminous, smooth and shiny.
- Some special dryers come with diffusers and concentrators to cater for all hair types, whether smooth or textured.
- Special hair dryers make it easy to style your curly hair.
- A dryer with unique ionic technology will add more volume to your curly hair.
How to pick the best hair dryer for curly hair?
The price and the brand are orienting something you want to avoid when buying a blow dryer for curly hair. Of course, we often believe big brands because their products are high-quality, best-selling. However, the fact that some tool sells well doesn’t mean that it’s going to fit your hair type!
There are a few things that you need to keep in mind, including:
- Heat settings: Does the dryer have ultra-controlled temperatures that can prevent heat damage to your curly hair?
- Attachments: Does it come with a diffuser/concentrator?
- What is the dryer’s wattage? If you have thick curly hair, you’ll need a dryer with a higher power rating.
- Cold air shot: Ensure that the hairdryer has a cold air blaster to help you style your hair easily.
- Technology: Go for a ceramic or ionic if you have curly hair.
- Also, go for a dryer that has preventive hydration technology.
- a warranty protects the dryer you’re eyeing.
- Go for an ergonomically designed and lightweight hairdryer
We did some research about these technologies and functions and created this special list of 5 tools that seem to work for people with textured hair. We cannot tell you which one you need to choose, but we assure you that each one has the needed potential, according to reviews and stats we have encountered.
It this article, we just gave you some information about hair dryers for curly hair. There are three best devices you can buy right now. We were cautious while writing about these products, so you can see that there are three devices: everyone is in the different price categories.
But, we can understand if that is not enough information for you before buying a hairdryer for curly hair.
So, we will give you a few more advices:
- Make sure that you are not buying a device just because some “huge” brand makes it. It is not that important.
- Pay attention to the wattage.
- Pay attention to decibels that you will have to hear after buying a hairdryer
These three devices that we did review are not the only good ones. There are some great hairdryers such as BaBylissPRO Porcelain Ceramic 2800 Dryer or KIPOZI 1875W, but be careful, if you are not 100% sure about futures that you need. There is a lot of hairdryers that can do damage to your hair.
The best hair dryers for curly hair
Best Value For Money
Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer
This blow dryer is pretty popular amongst people with curly and straight hair because the quality-price ratio is excellent! Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer is one of the most affordable high-quality products out there, and many people claim that it’s the best hair dryer for curly hair.
The thing is, Tourmaline Ceramic Technology built into this model helps you prevent heat damage, which is very vital for textured hair.
Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer, besides helping you achieve a smooth look, also hydrates your hair, which is important for the overall health of your style.
There are three heat and 2-speed settings that help you achieve a great hairstyle in a short period; all of the control in the world is in your hands.
The fresh shot option helps those that have trouble making a style that lasts, and that is often an issue for people with thick hair.
- the quality-price ratio is excellent
- Ceramic Technology is built-in
- Hydrates your hair
- Great customer reviews
- Great customer support
- They don`t have their service, but you can get a new hairdryer if something is broken.
SABUY 2200 W Professional Hair Dryer, Ionic
SABUY 2200 W Professional Hair Dryer is a great investment, believe us. Many professionals use it because of its strength and quality. Almost all of the other models have about 1800 watts to work with while this blow dryer works like a charm thanks to 2200 watts that power it!
Since professionals use it, it needs to have all of the healthy technology possible: ceramic technology, ionic technology, optimal airflow.
It is pretty light for such a reliable tool, and the cord is made from an anti-tangle material that one may use without issues even in motion.
The sound it makes ends up being about 70 decibels made, which are pretty quiet.
Impressive, right? It is sturdy, high-quality, drop-proof and also has three heat settings and 2-speed settings
- Makes your hair smooth, shiny and less frizz and less damage
- Super strong power
- Very low noise
- Made of professional materials (Ionic, ceramic)
- Great customers reviews
- 2 years of warranty
- We can not find any important Con for SABUY 2200 W Professional Hair Dryer
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is different from everything you’ve seen before. It’s a bit expensive, we are warning you, but the reviews prove that making an investment oftentimes pays off.
This particular dryer helps prevent damage because the dryer itself is controlling the temperature of the air. It’s high technology that one surely is impressed by.
The ultra-fast drying helps you get ready in a short period without the frizz and the electricity. One more thing that we don’t often see is the fact that this tool makes barely any sound, the motor is tuned to produce an inaudible one.
It’s cool to touch, so you don’t have to worry about getting burned. 4 heat settings and 3-speed settings give you just about enough control as you need.
There is too many pros about Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer even to count them, but we will try with some critical futures
- Ultra-fast drying
- Controlling the temperature by itself
- Made professionally
- 4 heat settings and 3-speed settings
- It is costly
It is important to understand your hair type, hair health, and its density when looking for the best hair dryers for curly hair. Look for a dryer that is specially made to cater to the needs of your curly hair.
The dryer should have multi-level temperature settings, ionic technology, cold air blaster and enough power to whoosh enough air. If you keep this in mind, you’ll truly buy a good dryer that will leave you looking smart, attractive and confident.