Golf clubs are quite strict with their dress codes. Moreover, the policies vary with every club and therefore, the strictness too. Some of them might not even ask you to wear a proper dress but it will be a case with cheaper ones.
So if you are a beginner and you are not well aware of the dress code, don’t worry. We will guide you so that you do not get embarrassed in front of everyone. But sometimes, people are just curious about the dress codes. Because not everyone likes golf. Moreover, it seems like an elite game. Therefore, some of us are still hesitant to go there and ask for the details.
So if you are interested in playing golf or you want to join a club but you are feeling awkward because you are not well aware of the basics, you will be worried. However, we are here to help you out in this aspect too. So, if you have not joined a club yet, you can click here to join.
You can learn about various things about the club and its rules and policies. The Saticoy Club has been long in the industry and therefore, you will get a sense of community from staff. They also arrange special events, so if you want to go to the vent before officially signing up, you can. Just check out the information from their website.
Different dress codes
Now coming towards the dress code. Dresses for both men and women are different. Furthermore, there are several options to select from. Irrespective of the club, the different dress codes include;
1. Shirts or top – for all seasons
The shirts of the golf players are in polo style and with color. The material is usually polyester blend or complete cotton. You can also buy your shirt with the same design if you have special clothing requirements.
Because some people are sensitive skin and they are allergic to polyester or microfiber. Therefore, you can select the cloth of your choice. However, you have to wear the same dress in the dining area and also in the clubhouse.
- You have to tuck your shirt into the pants or skirt (for females).
- You can wear half sleeves or ladies can wear sleeveless shirts on hot days. The sleeve length is especially important. The sleeves of your shirt should be 3 quarters to your elbow, not more than that.
- The main point is, you should be able to see your elbow. Otherwise, it won’t look good.
- There is no specific rule for the color of your shirt, so you can wear any color you want. However, it should not be neon. Usually, golfers wear white and black and sometimes blue.
- Never wear an ill-fitting shirt, it will ruin your image.
- Likewise, your shirt should always be tucked in and never out of the bottoms. An untucked shirt looks too bad.
Don’t for shirts
The shirt should be of proper length and fitting. It should never be a T-shirt, a halter or a tank top. Likewise, ladies cannot dress a tube top and a swimming suit or any dress that shows their cleavage.
2. Outwear – for cool days
Golf is not a game of summer days only. During cool days, you can wear something on top of your shirt to keep yourself warm. Outerwear includes vests, sweaters and windbreakers. Moreover, you can also wear a light jacket or a collard shirt with a button-down. All of these outwears are appropriate for a golf court and dining area. However, there are certain things that you should consider;
- If you are wearing a crewneck sweater over your sport shirt, you should keep your collar inside. This will improve your image and you will look decent.
- You should never wear an oversized hoodie or anything that makes you look bulky. Because it will come in your way while you swing.
- Likewise, you should also avoid loose rainwear as it also disturbs your swing.
- The things that you should always avoid as outerwear include hoodies, sweatshirts and denim jackets.
3. Bottoms – for all seasons
Jackets and shirts have a similar pattern for both males and female players. However, this is not the case with bottoms. Both males and females can wear pants in all seasons especially on cool days. However, during hot days men can also wear shorts while females can wear skirts. Any bottom that you wear should be comfortable for you and should not interfere with your game.
- The color of your pants is not restricted. You can wear any color you want. However, black, blue, white and khaki look more decent. The rule is that you should couple a neutral shirt with a bold bottom. Likewise, a neutral bottom with a colored shirt.
- If you are wearing pants, the bottom should touch the shoes. In short, you should not expose your legs while wearing pants.
- If you are wearing any shorts, you should make sure that the bottom remains above your kneecaps.
- For ladies, they have multiple options to choose from. Whether you want to wear a dress, a skirt or a skort, you can wear them. The length should be between your mid-thigh and knee not short and not long from that. In measurements, it should not be longer than 2 inches from the knee.
- The things that you must never wear in bottoms include cargo shorts, denim, sweatpants, and jeans. Furthermore, even yoga pants and athletic bottom wear is not allowed.
- Anything that you wear must be in the right fitting. Therefore, golf dresses are customized to the size of the player.
- So if you order your dress, make sure you give the right measurements. Your pants should not be too tight or too loose. Similarly, your shorts too. And for ladies, miniskirts are not allowed. The length of the skirt must be decent.