A common problem for any woman is not knowing what to wear. But in reality, it is only half of the problem. One cannot flaunt a jaw-dropping outfit without top-notch lingerie.
In this post, we will help you find your lingerie style and figure out what lingerie is for.
Read this blog post about the different types of lingerie and shop at Empress Mimi.
It is easy to get confused about what type of underwear you need. We will start with the most traditional type of undergarment – bikini underwear. These lingerie items give you a medium level of coverage on your waistline and back.
Bikini panties are a true go-to-piece for any outfit. You will not be stressed about the fact that your lingerie may be showing or riding up.
Types of bikinis
Bikinis are practical. These panties do not have extra fabric around the rear and the waistband, which makes them a great everyday staple.
We present you with 3 different bikini types:
- Classic. The classic bikinis come with a slimmer waistband and a bigger level of coverage at the front. The classic types give you a comfortable fit on the hips and zero sagging.
- Hipster. Hipster bikinis have a similar back cut to bikinis. The hipster type has a slimmer waistband but a lower waist. Hipster bikinis give a medium level of coverage and can work with casual or spicy outfits. Also, low-rise jeans are making a huge comeback; pair them with hipster underwear to feel comfortable and secure.
- String. String-type panties have both a unique form and a specific function. A slender waistband and enough fabric for better coverage is all you need for a sexy outfit.
As you can see, having different types of lingerie is a way to be versatile and satisfy your needs wherever your day is heading.
While bikini panties give you a medium level of coverage and come with a cheeky vibe, briefs, on the other hand, offer more support at the top.
The most common types of briefs:
- Full. A traditional full brief gives all possible coverage with its high waistband. Soft and non-irritating fabrics are a good choice for this underwear style.
- Midi. After some years of tweaks, midi briefs started to resemble hipster panties. Their medium level of coverage shows more belly, and these briefs are easily paired with low-rise pants and skirts.
- Boyleg. Need more coverage on the back? Boyleg briefs have your back covered!
If you prioritize coziness and comfort, consider choosing briefs in silky and sustainable fabrics.
Bodysuits resemble one-piece swimsuits. A bodysuit covers your upper body and hips. For easier use, bodysuits are equipped with snaps on the crotch area, so that the garment can be undone and taken off quickly.
When it comes to the materials of bodysuits, different brand names of lingerie play with different fabrics, from nylon and spandex to cotton and lace. Not only do they get creative with the materials, but necklines and sleeves can also vary.
When it comes to outfits, bodysuits are super-fashionable. Just take a look at the celebrities who are parading in bodysuits on the streets, from Lady Gaga to Rihanna and Kim Kardashian. Alongside stars, influencers share inspirational outfits with bodysuits that they audaciously mix and match with casual or formal attire.
The first bra was invented over a century ago. It was revolutionary back then. And, up till now, bras remain a hot topic of every female (sometimes not just female) discussion.
Unhooking a bra after a long and tiring day feels liberating. But here are some advantages of why wearing one could be beneficial to you:
#1 No sagging
Whether you have a small or voluptuous bust, support is a must. A bra can support and lift your breasts and prevent them from sagging.
Let’s bury those old-fashioned stereotypes according to which bras are made for enhancing appearance. A really good bra should provide support during the day. There are way too many types of bras available on the market, but you should choose those that give you full support, comfort, and security. Some can even help with posture issues.
#3 Shape modifiers
Some ladies have insecurities about their breasts. These insecurities may lie, for instance, in what is perceived as an issue regarding size, shape, or gap. Do not rush into signing up for cosmetic surgery. An easier solution would be a suitable bra that hides flaws and accentuates the best features. Also, a bra can be a confidence booster.
There are many bras on the market. And we believe that you can find one that suits your lifestyle and preferences.
You probably have heard about bralettes. Bralettes are gaining popularity for being lightweight, soft, breathable, and easy to wear.
Bralettes are your go-to choice if you are looking for a comfortable bra that can retain the natural shape of your bust. More benefits of bralettes are:
- Comfort. You will stay in your comfort zone while donning something stylish with a bralette. Soft materials like cotton, lace, and satin will guarantee it.
- Support. Unlike traditional bras, bralettes come with no wires and paddings. If you are a fan of natural shapes, you will not go wrong with a bralette.
- Style. Even though bralettes seem basic, their design and color palette can surprise you. Bralettes can be paired with various outfits on different occasions.
- Breast surgery and pregnancy. When recovering from surgery or undergoing hormonal changes after giving birth, it can be hard to return to your original shape quickly. Bralettes give you full support.
- Travel friendliness. Breathable fabrics are the biggest benefit of bralettes. If you are traveling a lot, consider bralettes as your lingerie of choice. You will get no tissue damage, and you will be able to move freely.
Bustiers and corsets
Bustiers and corsets have been all the rage in 2022, and they will probably still be popular in the coming season. Yet again, celebrities like Dua Lipa have shown they can be paired with everything you wish.
Are you striving for a snatched look that will create an hourglass shape and accentuate your curves? Immediately buy bustiers and corsets.
These two types of lingerie are often confused. Let’s figure out the differences.
Bustiers are intended to emphasize the curves and the bust. So, if you are looking for a way to make your cleavage area pop more, shop for a bustier.
Corsets, on the other hand, are made to better define the waist and draw attention to that area.
Another striking difference is that corsets are made from stiffer fabrics, while bustiers come in softer materials.
Corsets and bustiers also come in many modern interpretations. They make your outfit chic, stylish, and even comfortable. Indeed, the structure of these garments gives you support, lift, and defines your figure.
Camisoles are short-sleeved shirts or loose-fitting undergarments on straps. Camisoles are made from satin or silk, and they cover the body from the bust to the waist.
Camisoles come with minimal bust support and can be worn without a bra. These lingerie pieces are great to wear at home, on vacation, while doing sports, and even at work.
The biggest reason why you should get yourself a camisole is comfort.
Chemises or Babydolls
Chemises or babydolls are loose dresses that flatter any body type. Most of these types of lingerie are made out of synthetic fabrics.
Babydolls are one of those lingerie types that bring innocence and playfulness to the look. But there is more to them:
- Glamour. Add luxury lingerie to your wardrobe that will look alluring on your body. A beautiful chemise will make you feel fabulous and feminine.
- Better than shapewear. When donning tight-fitting clothes, there is a high chance that your underwear will be visible. We surely do not want that. Slip into a babydoll for a graceful look. Plus, you will get the support you need.
- Good for all seasons. Light chemise fabrics make you feel cool during summer. And can be a great lingerie choice when you are layering in winter.
Garters or Suspender Belts
Garter or suspender belts are worn by women to support stockings. These lingerie items are accessories that come in different styles and colors.
Garter belts are an extremely feminine item within any woman’s wardrobe.
A rather traditional example of an occasion one could wear a garter belt would be a wedding. But, if you have an alluring outfit in mind, spice it up with a suspender belt. It will add charm to your look.
As you can see, there are many different types of lingerie that you could use, which is great! When on the lookout for a personal lingerie style, always check our guide for tips and recommendations.