One of the most discussed features in last year’s iPhone and Google Pixel was eSIM – a built-in electronic SIM card that allows, in theory, both to add a second operator to the phone and easily change it. For tourists and business travelers the solution is very convenient: instead of comparing local tariffs, users download the dedicated application, turn it in parallel with the usual number – and you’re immediately connected.
Why is this technology so popular?
- Travelers save money on any trip in any country. This option helps visitors and travelers stay connected and doesn’t require roaming.
- All-in-one travel solution supports up to 24 countries and works with over 100 locations. No need for an additional SIM card.
- Stores a huge amount of esim mobile data: virtual numbers, texts and calls.
- Makes it easy to keep in touch with friends and family while traveling abroad.
- International SIM card for travel includes a variety of numbers that can be used to make and receive calls, send texts and share pictures home or abroad.
- Supports 4G LTE data. No doubt, this is a big plus.
- It can be used in any smartphone, laptop or tablet. Mostly the Apple product.
The main pros of using an eSIM is that users can switch country numbers when traveling. It also helps businesses when they need to call from one number (often a virtual number) to different locations around the world, including Europe and the US.
Top Phone Operators to Connect
- AT&T. One of the largest American communications companies. In pros: the possibility of unlimited chatting online and calls, free WI-FI options per month, and fast transferring data on the new SIM card.
- T-Mobile. A group of companies operating in the field of mobile communications based in Europe. The main key is that the cost of the tariff plan includes European taxes and fees of the country you are traveling to. Also, each month the card holder receives 100 GB of high-speed data.
- Verizon. The global phone service. In 2016-2017 it became known that the size of the user base reached the mark of million. Pros of a tariff plan: excellent overall coverage, highest speeds with 5G UWB, new unlimited plan from $30 per month. Due to the possibility of international connection users can easily set up international sim cards for travel.
- Vodafone. It is a British company, one of the world’s largest operators. The service also supports eSIM, along with a dozen variations of virtual numbers.
- Movistar. Major telecommunications phone companies operating in Spain and Latin American countries. It is the largest service of fixed-line, broadband, mobile and pay-TV services in Spain. The Esim are available for purchase at company representative offices or at the post office.
About a Security Issue
A lot of people are thinking that eSIM may seem less secure than a physical card. This is not true, because eSIMs around the world have undergone more than one round of testing and have been confirmed to have the same level of security as physical SIM cards.
Users also have the ability to set up notifications if someone tries to remove the eSIM from your phone. It is also more difficult to fraudulently transfer data from one eSIM to another, so users will have to recreate it and go through a series of checks with the operator before doing so. eSIM is a safe way for the user and owner of the smartphone. It helps to save all your data and conveniently transfer it to other devices of the user.
How to choose the right service
How long will the trip last?
If you are going to a familiar country again and you have a local SIM card from your last trip, check its expiration date: usually operators cancel cards that are inactive for more than six months. If the card works, there’s a good chance you’ll find a better rate than roaming. For longer trips all the more so. But if you’re going to a new country for a short period, the local SIM card is unlikely to be your option: it costs money on its own, and not everywhere has weekly rates. In that case, roaming is more advantageous. So, eSIM comes to the rescue.
How many countries am I planning to visit?
If the trip will cover several countries, it is advantageous to use universal travel eSIM options. There are also local operators available in different countries: for example, there is no roaming within the EU and America.
What is more important – calls or the Internet?
If you only need the phone to visit your mother, there is no need to overpay for the Internet: connect your package for calls. If you need the internet a little, pay for it by the use of Travel-sim, not going broke on a daily subscription fee. And if you need to constantly post videos to your blogWi, it’s worth arranging unlimited Internet right away, so you don’t have to pay extra later.
The International sim card for travel is the best and most cost-effective way to stay connected when traveling to a country or region with poor or expensive cellular service. With this sim card, users can stay connected while traveling abroad – even if they don’t have a physical device in their hands at all times. This means more flexibility and less restriction when traveling, giving travelers plenty of options for staying connected during their travels.
Depending on the purpose of your visit, you can pick up a tariff plan from the operator and choose the best option.International SIM cards are viable and are not limited to any particular country. In fact, they work across numerous countries, though for a price depending on your choice of phone plans.
Other travel SIM cards operate on call backs, where you make a call, get cut off and then are called back within a minute. With the international SIM card the majority of destinations are called and connected immediately -just like on your normal.