When it comes to choosing what type of clothes you are going to purchase and wear in the long-term, it is really advisable to think about all the impact certain materials have on your body if you wear them every day.
There is no doubt that cotton is one of the most famous materials that are used for making clothes, and people love it. A cotton shirt, a pair of shorts and socks are definitely something almost anyone enjoys wearing. Cotton provides the most comfort and feeling of smoothness while wearing, however, there are a few things you need to know about it as well.
Cotton is not as simple as it looks, and you need to make sure that the one you are wearing is the right choice. Today we are discussing organic cotton and all the benefits that you get to enjoy if you decide to switch to it. Here’s what you need to know.
By switching to organic cotton, you are making benefits to yourself and our world as well. Here are just some of the benefits.
1. Organic cotton is just so much better for people that have sensitive skin, and children as well. Even those who have allergies should always make sure that they are wearing purely organic cotton, not synthesized. If you feel itchy while wearing your clothes, it might be because you are not wearing something that’s made out of organic cotton. You can learn more here.
2. Much less of an environmental impact in the process of producing organic clothing. If you really care about our planet and the environment in which we live in, you should seriously consider switching to organic cotton. About 6 thousand gallons of water are required in order to produce just a little over two pounds of cotton. That extremely huge amount of water can be used for much better purposes, especially in areas where lack of water is a big issue. Organic cotton farming allows on a much lesser impact for our environment, no toxic pesticides and it uses much less water and no GMO at all. So not only you get to wear something that’s made of much higher quality cotton, but you also get to save our planet.
3. Switching to organic cotton can actually save the lives of farmers and factory workers. Believe it or not, there is a human cost of producing synthetic cotton. Pesticides and their effects on workers who are involved in the cotton-making process are pretty bad. Statistics show that about 20,000 people suffer and die each year due to the pesticides which are involved in the conventional cotton making process, and that’s a very scary number.
4. You will actually get products that are of much higher quality if you switch to using organic cotton. Not only it is softer and feels better on the skin, but organic cotton is also much more durable than the conventional one. Which means that your clothes will last much longer, and that means that you will be saving a lot of money in the long run.
5. By switching to organic cotton, you are basically helping all of the workers and farmers to get a better income. By buying organic, you are making sure that the people who are creating your clothes are paid a living wage and get fair compensation for the hard work they do.