Women’s health must be a priority for every female. With the current high infection rate of STDs in our youth, this issue is at the forefront of medical concerns.
Females can suffer from different vaginal problems, one of which is warts, which are caused by HPV (Human papillomavirus infection). Warts grow as an individual or in masses which look like cauliflower. It grows on the vaginal area and can be transmitted through unprotected sex.
Genital warts are caused mainly by HPV strains 6 and 11. Warts can take time to get cured and if left untreated can lead other diseases. In an adverse condition, vaginal warts can even lead to cancer.
The virus causing warts can stay in the body for weeks, months or even years. A person’s immune system is also an important factor while looking to get rid of the HPV virus. Based on research on warts it was found that women who go for intercourse with different partners are more likely to have genital warts.
Causes and symptoms of Women’s Genital Warts
The hatching period of a wart is quite lengthy but it can’t be ignored. The vaginal areas which are mostly affected by warts are vulva, vagina, cervix, groin and even rectum. Having intercourse with an infected person is the most common cause of wart. It is highly contagious and can even surpass condom.
In rare cases, if using a towel or getting in contact with the toilet of HPV infected person can also lead to warts. Oral sex can also be the cause of genital warts in women.
It is not always easy to know about the symptoms of warts and so in many cases, it takes a lot of time to detect the virus. Some of the common symptoms of Genital warts in women are as mentioned below:
The common sign of vaginal wart is itching and irritation in genital areas.
- Mass of warts can form the shape of cauliflower and which shows physical existence
- In many cases, there is bleeding during intercourse.
- Swelling which is of grey or skin colour in the genital area can also show the existence of wart.
Treatment for vaginal warts
- Laser surgery is one of the treatments which can help to remove warts from the vaginal area with the help of a laser beam.
- Cryotherapy is one of the methods to treat wart where liquid nitrogen is used to freeze warts.
- Electrodesiccation is a process where electricity is used to remove genital warts.
- In some cases, acupuncture, and aromatherapy have also positively reacted to treat genital warts. Herbs are also being used to cure warts but all these natural medications need time for healing.
- Gardasil is a vaccination which can prevent HPV according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Genital warts can also be treated with the help of creams like Podophyllin and Podofilox. These treatments are performed when warts are in its initial stage and it is dependent on the stability of a person’s immune system.
It is very important to treat Women’s Genital Warts as soon as possible. As symptoms of warts are not clear it is advisable to be careful not to have sex with HPV infected person. To have a healthy and safe life HPV test can be conducted in intervals as warts once treated are more likely to come back. So, don’t ignore any such symptom and immediately consult doctors.