If you ask any designer, they will definitely tell you one thing – colors are more powerful than you initially thought. It can cause people to feel specific things, it can tell a story about your house, and it can even change the atmosphere in a place. So, when you are choosing the tones for your home, you need to be quite careful.
So, if you are renovating your home or if you have decided that it is the right time for a fresh coat of paint, you might find this website helpful. The text below will feature the best color combinations that you can opt for, however, before taking a look at that, we will mention a few things that you should know first.
Before Choosing The Shades, Consider These Things
It is extremely important to consider several things before you actually choose the hues for your walls. These things include:
- Choose Ones That Are Either Cool or Warm – colors can be separated into two categories, warm and cold. Hence, combining the right ones will create harmony. For instance, combining two shades of blues and greens can turn out great. Or pairing warm ones like dark brown with orange can be quite appealing. Hence, you should choose two of the same category.
- Monochrome? Why Not – tone on tone will create an elegant, almost sophisticated look and it will ensure that you pull off the shades. Colors that are the same but with different shades will look incredible in every place, hence, you might want to consider this as well.
- They Will Need to Be Complementary – it is true what they say, opposites do attract each other – and it is the same with colors. One of my all-time favorite complementary combinations has to be shades of coral with turquoise. Hence, think about this before you actually choose the hues.
The Color Combinations You Can Opt For
There are literally thousands if not, millions of combinations that you can choose from. However, some of the most popular ones include:
- Pale Cream + Strong Turquoise – to lighten up your bathroom or kitchen, one of the best combinations you can choose is to have turquoise walls, and pale cream elements such as the cabinets, table & chairs, as well as any décor you might want. The walls will serve as a perfect backdrop for the cream items.
- Dark Purple + Deep Green – if your goal is to make your living room or office feel more luxurious, opt for these two shades. Deep green walls with a wide range of purple textures and furniture will bring luxury to the mentioned places, as well as a retro or vintage feel – depending on the décor you have.
- Bright Red + Dark Green – if you are looking for something classic and a bit retro, this combo might be perfect for your bedroom, bathroom, or living room. It will be even better if you choose to implement various textures and patterns to them as well. Another tip for completing the look is to add a carpet with red or green details.
- Navy Blue + Gold – nothing will scream posh more than a living room with these two colors. A sofa in navy blue, plus side tables that are golden will do wonders. Do not forget to add other golden details like lamps, a golden vase, or even some cute little golden pillows. If you want to learn more about painting walls in navy blue or gold, you can find out more information here.
- Soft Blue + Baby Pink – a blue paint for the wall will serve as a perfect background for some incredibly beautiful eclectic pink items. The baby pink armchairs and a pink lamp will balance out the blue perfectly, and it will provide a cozy, homey feel to any bedroom or living room.
- Tan + Dramatic Red – this combination will provide a fresh, clean, and well-lighted atmosphere, especially if used in an office, home library, or kitchen. The warm, neutral color will balance out the dramatic red, and the place will look more organized and coordinated.
- Royal Blue + Cream – choosing royal blue pillows and a carpet will be quite attention-grabbing, especially if you choose to paint your walls in cream. This combo is probably best used in bathrooms and if you have a son, it might be a perfect solution for his room, especially since these hues can be combined with a lot of other colors.
- Strong Yellow + Dark Gray – perhaps one of the most beautiful combinations on this list, yellow and gray will provide an amazing feel to any room – literally any room. So, choose to have dark gray walls and furniture, while you implement some yellow pieces such as pillows, lamps, ottomans, chairs, or carpets. Trust me, nothing will look more amazing than this.
- Brick + White – neutral colors such as white will balance the power of building materials such as bricks. And, if you are looking for something a bit more traditional, definitely opt for a brick wall with white furniture. This will create a perfect balance that is more traditional than the other combinations on this list.
- Light Gray + Dusty Rose – perfect for any little girls room, this combination will do wonders. Paint the walls in dusty rose and choose to add light gray items such as shelves, lamps, as well as closets and tables. Additionally, these two colors work well with white and brown, hence, add some details in those colors as well.
So, there you have it – there are literally endless color combinations that you can choose from. Of course, you should be wise when choosing specific combinations for specific rooms, because each of them can provide a different feel to it. Hence, now that you know what you can opt for, do not lose any more time, grab a pencil and a piece of paper, and start thinking about what combination would be suitable for what room!