Women and fur, it seems like those two always got along. We all know how obsessed women are with fashion and their presence in public. And when the winter comes, there is nothing better than wearing a fur coat. They love it for a few reasons – it is trendy, comfortable, and warm.
The debate over should fur coats and fur products in generally be advertised as one of the main fashion trends has been long going. And there are arguments for each side, which we might just mention. As you know, the alternative to the fur product is faux fur. Faux fur has been a major trend for the past few years especially because of its price and the ethical advantage.
We do think it is important to compare the two and check out some of the best faux fur coats!
How Does Faux Fur Compare To The Real Fur
Okay, so as with everything there are advantages and disadvantages to the both. Let’s start with real fur coats:
- First of all, and a thing that cannot be denied is the warmth that fur coats give. It is pretty simple taking into consideration that these coats are made using fur of animals that were used to living in extremely harsh and cold conditions sustaining serious minus temperatures. That is why, there is nothing warmer than a thick fur coat, and even in the harsh snow conditions as the fiber doesn’t allow the snow to melt you will be feeling much more comfortable.
- Instead of getting on multiple hoodies and a winter jacket, a fur coat does keep you warm and comfortable at the same time. It is pretty soft and doesn’t give you make you feel bulky.
- It is important to mention that fur coats are extremely durable, as when conditioned properly (which is not hard at all) these can last for years. And along with that, they are an eco-friendly option in terms of the fact that fur doesn’t take a long time to break down.
- In the end, fur coats are a fashion trend that has always been there and will remain. Simply, nothing can’t beat a nice and simple women fur coat.
- On the other hand, there are two clear disadvantages of the fur coats. First of all, it is much more expensive than the coats from the man-made materials. A high-quality fur coat cost at least $500.
- Then again the most problematic thing about fur coats is ethics. A lot of people all around the world begun criticizing people that are wearing fur and leather products calling them cruel and inhuman. Now, it is true that an animal has to die for that coat, and no one can disregard that. But, the debate stays as of is that how it should be or not? Remember that people have been using animal skin and fur products for millenniums as the best option to keep warm. We are not going to get any deeper into this, but it is a thing to think about.
Now, let’s take a look at the faux fur pros and cons:
- It is easy to say that is much cheaper, and you can find beautiful models for under $100. Along with that, it still keeps you warm though maybe not as much as the fur coat, and is pretty lighter than the real fur.
- Also, much easier to clean and store it is a perfect option for those of you who don’t like spending much time on that.
- In the end, and the sole reason why it became popular is the fact that it doesn’t use animal fur! It is made out of man-made materials such as polyamide and polyester, and thus much more ethical
- On the other hand, there are a few disadvantages as well. First of all, these materials take a long time to break down – even up to 1000 years, thus it is not the best thing for the environment. Along with that, your skin doesn’t breathe as good as through the real fur, and the fiber doesn’t prevent snow from melting which can make you cold at times.
The Best Faux Fur Options
There are many great websites out there selling fur and faux fur coats. Our top picks would certainly be next:
- Warm Fashion Leopard Fur Women Coat. Made from faux fur and at a price of around 60 dollars, this is an excellent pick for any women who loves to stay fashionable and warm. It doesn’t go overboard with the leopard dots and is just the right length to cover the upper body.
- Long Thick Faux Coat. This regular coat, that comes in multiple colors from pink to grey is an excellent choice for the trendy women that want a coat that pairs well with classic elegance and is warm and comfortable. Made from polyester and polyamide, it gives enough protection from the winter conditions at a good price of around $85.
- Collarless Fox Fur Vest. Replicating the fur of a polar fox, this is an all-timer. You have surely seen a lot of women walking down the street with this one, and when combined nicely it does look pretty good. Though not as protective as the full-coat, because your sleeves are left uncovered, it is still an excellent pick coming at about $70!
As you can see, there are multiple cons and pros to both fur and faux fur, but in the end, it is a matter of your opinion and your decision. You shouldn’t let others affect you, but rather think it through and choose the best fur coat for you!