The times we are living are pretty stressful and it just seems like we don’t have enough space for ourselves which can eventually lead to two serious medical conditions – anxiety and depression. And anxiety and depression are becoming quite a common issue in people all over the world. Still, it isn’t that hard to treat and it just takes a few habit changes and a positive mindset to overcome the same. Yet, some cases of anxiety and depression can be more serious and these may require additional medical attention.
Now, there are numerous antidepressants that are available for your own use – still, each and everyone carries its own risks and side effects. Among all, an antidepressant called Trintellix has become quite popular in the past few years but the final verdict on its use and benefits still isn’t clear. With this in mind, there are people who support the use of this medication while some disregard it. Let’s take a look at the possible benefits and side effects of Trintellix!
How Does Trintellix Work And How To Use It
Now, Trintellix is famous in the pharmaceutical world as an atypical depressant because of the way it affects your condition. As you might know, depression is usually caused by a lack of certain chemicals in the brain such as the vital serotonin (low levels) and most antidepressants work by stimulating the serotonin activity. And so those this medication as well – it blocks the reuptake of this hormone and thus increases the levels of the same. But along with that, it is not clear how does the fact that it blocks certain serotonin receptors as well benefit your condition – as it is quite simple that if serotonin can’t be attached to a receptor it doesn’t have its use. As of the time it takes to affect your condition some people say that it needs at least 6-8 weeks of regular use before you can feel positive effects.
It is recommended to take this medicine either at morning or night but once a day (according to the prescribed dosage). Along with that, it can be taken with or without food but people think that it is better to take it while eating something as that food can prevent possible stomach upset that Trintellix can cause.
Benefits Of Trintellix
1. Now, the main benefit of using Trintellix should be in treating the major depressive disorder and it has its FDA approval for that. With this in mind, this is the only confirmed use of this medicine – everything else that will be listed is just presumed. Looking at the relevant studies users that have been using it for few months felt at least 50% of the symptoms relieved, while some even experienced complete Still, it works differently than the SSRIs but in a way similar to the SNRIs. It is clear that further study on this medicine is yet to be done.
2. Along with that, people claim that Trintellix can be of great aid in anxiety problems as well but some simply see it as a placebo effect and the result of patient thinking it should help him.
Possible Side Effects Of Trintellix
1. Now, as with every medicine especially an antidepressant, there are side effects that can occur when you go over the recommended dosage. First and foremost, people have been reporting common side effects such as nausea, upset stomach, diarrhea, vomiting and gas. These are all possible side effects of almost all the antidepressants that are out in the market and a thing you need to look after.
2. Also, one of the most serious side effects that Trintellix can cause is the serotonin syndrome – which manifests by confusion, irritability, anxiety, as well as blood pressure and increased heart rate.
3. Last but not least in some people it can even cause erectile dysfunction though the reason for it is yet to be determined.
As you can see the Trintellix has its use but as it is quite a new medicine it is yet to be studied and researched. Still, as with other drugs, it has its benefits and side effects – so if you think you might get used of it to be sure to consult and talk with your doctor on regular basis before and during the treatment!