Sunglasses are more than just a summer accessory, they protect our eyes from harmful radiation, reduce fatigue, and they also add a bit of flair to our overall look. However, choosing the perfect sunglasses for the shape of your face is not as easy as most people think. It is actually quite stressful and time-consuming.
If the idea of shopping for sunglasses is trying on different pairs and looking at the mirror to see how they fit, this list of things to think about when choosing sunglasses will make you consider all the things you might have missed. Did you think about UV protection? What about the durability or visibility? No? Well, here is the most important thing to know when buying glasses. Always aim to protect your eyes. Protecting your eyes from UV radiation is one of the most important things to think about when choosing glasses. Excessive exposure to UV radiation can cause a lot of problems for your eyes such as cataract, burns, or even cancer. You should definitely look for a pair that will protect you from these risks, look for those promise to block 99 percent of UVB and 95 percent of UVA rays.
How to decide on a style?
Sunglasses come in all shapes and sizes, and before choosing on the style, you should first select the size. Finding the perfect contrast between the shape of your face and the frame will result with the sunglasses looking good on you. For example, if you have a round face, angular frames will work well, and if your face is square, a round frame will look good on you. Here are some popular style of sunglasses:
1. Mirrorshades – these glasses have a mirrored coating on the surface. They usually come in aviator or wraparound shapes.
2. Aviators – these come with a teardrop-shape lens and thin metal frames. These can be worn with any face shape but works best with an oval shape.
3. Teashades – these glasses were popularized by John Lennon and Ozzy Osbourne. However, they might look cool, but they are not very effective when it comes to keeping the light out of your eyes.
4. Wraparounds – associated with athletics and extreme sports.
Use the shape of your face to determine the best sunglasses shape for you
The following face shape matched with sunglasses shapes will help you choose which shape will work best for you:
1. Oval face – this type of shape is often referred to as the perfect face shape, mostly because any sunglasses shape will work for them. Keep in mind not to choose frames that are wider than your face width, as well as to avoid frames that are either too thick or thin.
2. Square shape – this face shape has a straight, pronounced jawline and edges, round glasses are the best in order to balance these features. Try choosing wider frames and avoid rectangular glasses with sharp corners, also make sure that the frames are not too thick.
3. Round face – a round face often has plumper cheeks and chin. Polygonal or square glasses that have an angled design will balance this out. Seek thicker frames when choosing glasses.
4. Long face – in order to modify a long face shape, larger lenses and polygonal frames will help you achieve this. Popular retro glasses and sports glasses might be a good choice.
5. Flat face – darker lenses and frames will highlight the contours of the face. Brighter colors will also make expressions more vivid.
In order to choose the perfect sunglasses for you, it is important to coordinate the shape of your face with the frame of the sunglasses you are about to buy. Keep in mind that sunglasses come in all shape and colors, so you can have a lot of fun while choosing the perfect pair for the summer season that is ahead of us.