So, it finally happened. As you willingly put the “SOLD” sign in your front yard the realization that you bought a new house becomes a reality. However, there are a lot of things that you need to do and first things first, you will need to pack your things and move. In spite of popular opinion, packing does not need to be a difficult and time-consuming task. With proper planning and preparation, it can be a fun period where you celebrate the beginning of something new, as well as the end of one chapter of your lives.
In order to make the whole moving process easier, here are some tips and tricks that you can follow:
1. Use a notebook to plan and organize your move – you should write “To Do Lists“, use post-it notes for easy access to important sections, make notes of where some things are packed, and where they need to go.
2. Calculate your moving costs – before you start with the moving process, it is very important to calculate how much you are willing to spend in order for you to not go over the estimated budget. Everything has a price, and it can rapidly add up if it is not planned well. There are a lot of people who do not plan ahead of their budget and later experience financial problems.
3. Change your address before you move – before you start packing, make sure that you write down all the people and organizations you will have to inform about your moving. Such as your insurance company, doctors, dentist and, of course, your family members and friends.
4. How to find a good moving company – hiring professionals will relieve you a lot of stress and save you a lot of time. Do not hesitate to browse around and do not be shy to get some free quotes from different companies for you to choose which one suits you best. According to the Benhur moving company, make sure that you check the reviews of previous customers in order to see their experience with the specific company.
5. Ask your friends and family for help – although you might have chosen to hire a professional moving company, it would be great if some of your friends or family members help you with the move. They can help you packing, lifting heavy belongings, and ultimately arranging your new place. Of course, make sure to “pay them back” in any way that you think is appropriate, because let’s be honest no one likes to move.
6. Label moving boxes before unpacking – this will help you stay organized and prepared. Labeling each box with, for example, “bathroom” or “living room”, will save you a lot of trouble once you have moved in and you will know right away in which room you should put each box and where to start first.
7. Pack your essentials last – when packing boxes, the best solution is to place the things you do not need right away at the bottom so that the things you use more often can be at the top of the box. Hence, if you need something, you will not have to dig to the bottom of the box to find it. This tip does not seem quite important, but when you have hundreds of boxes packed around you, you will be happy you did so.
8. Make friends with your new neighbors – it would be very polite if you could introduce yourself prior to moving in and inform your new neighbors about the moving day so that they are not surprised when they see the moving truck near their property. This will establish a trusting relationship between you and diminish any potential problems you can have with them on a moving day.
No matter how many times you move, each time will be very stressful, however, if you stick to these tips and tricks and follow them accordingly, it will allow you to successfully and without stress go through the process of moving.