Did it ever cross your mind how the girls in hair commercials have that bouncy wavy hair? Well, they use rollers for styling their hair. Though you will find different types of rollers in the market, hot rollers are very popular for their ease of use and effectiveness. You should know how to use hot rollers with pins to secure the rollers in place and get the long-lasting effect.
By using hot rollers, you will be able to style your hair in different ways. You can use it to get ready for parties, fashion shows or for any other occasion. You can create different types of curls, using the rollers. From large soft curls to the small ringlets, everything is possible with the hot rollers.
How to use hot rollers with pins?
If you buy a hot rollers set, make sure it has rollers of different sizes. That way, you will be able to create various types of curls to give them a more natural look.
Steps for putting on hot rollers
Putting on hot rollers is easy if you follow the steps correctly. Otherwise, you won’t get the curl or volume you want. Here are the steps you must follow:
- You should prepare your hair by shampooing and conditioning it. Let your hair dry completely. Then apply hairspray.
- You should divide your hair into some sections depending on the thickness of your hair. If your hair is of medium thickness, then make six sections.
- You should always roll away from your face. Place the roller underneath your hair, leaving a few inches towards the end. Then wrap the ends under the roller and keep rolling the rest of the hair towards the scalp.
- Once it is tight, secure it with a pin. If you are using a U-pin, you should use it from behind and hook it at 90-degree angle. Then tilt it downwards a bit. When you hook the pin at 90-degree angle, the pin will be able to hold more hair. So, your roller will be more secured.
- If you want volume, then you must roll the hair from underneath, not over it. You will get some mangled ends which you need to smoothen out. Otherwise, your finished product look won’t be perfect.
- If necessary, you can use more than one roller. It depends on the thickness of your hair.
- After some time, when the curls are ready, you should remove the pins and take out the rollers one by one. Then blend all the sections of your hair to get a natural look.
Securing with pins
It is important to secure the rollers properly in place. Some hot roller sets come with butterfly clips. Many people find it difficult to use them. If you cannot secure the rollers properly, they will wobble around, and you won’t get the desired curls. So, you should either by U-pins or V-pins to tightly secure the rollers.
In many sets, you will find U-pins and butterfly clips. The U-pins are comfortable to use as they have the right size to perfectly fit the rollers.
With V-pins you can also tightly secure the rollers in place. You may need two or three pins per roll. You should practice securing the rollers with pins. After a few attempts, you would be able to fix the rollers easily using the pins.
You will find various types of hot rollers in the market. You should read reviews to learn more about these products before purchasing them. You should buy rollers considering the type of curls you want and the type of your hair. If the quality of the product is good, it won’t damage your hair. Still, it’s better to apply some heat protective serum before using the hot rollers. With a few trials, you will be able to set your hair in style within a short time using hot rollers and get the desired look for any occasion.