Like many other businesses around the world, we have decided to Migrate to Office 365. Our cloud-based Microsoft suite not only helps your team be more productive, but also helps you overcome common challenges related to cost, communication, remote work, and more.
But instead of jumping on these powerful tools, we hope your employees will be able to master them within days just by using them. To harness the full potential of Office 365, everyone should understand all its features and know how to use them properly.
Office 365 migration comes with a dozen tools. Traditional Outlook messaging services such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneDrive as well as content creation and data storage software are constantly evolving. Additionally, there are many applications that are specifically used for teamwork and communication. For example, OneDrive and SharePoint Online both enable document sharing and collaboration but are very different applications. Teams simplify exchanges thanks to various conversation tools, file sharing, and content editing.
We strongly recommend that you consider training tailored to your employee’s specific needs and current knowledge to help them become comfortable and productive with the Microsoft suite. Help your team see things more clearly and decide which platform best fits their roles and responsibilities.
1. Improved productivity
Of course, employees continue to work with the software they already use without training. However, a lot of time is wasted trying to figure out new tools that you never had access to before. This situation is associated with many help desk calls and increased use of internal resources.
Employees are more likely to benefit from the many new features in Office 365. This includes:
- Store more data on your intranet.
- Use version control to share documents, edit and track changes.
- Limit the number of searches required to find a document.
- Free your email with all live chat features.
Moreover, a good service provider can also help you to set up Hosted Virtual Desktop which makes it much easier for its users to access their data from anywhere and at any time.
2. Better ROI
When you invest in Office 365, you automatically get all the tools above. Restricting your team to just email and content creation software is counterproductive. Microsoft 365, therefore, maximizes your return on investment by making use of all available resources, increasing your utility, and making it easier to reach your goals.
3. Adapt to customer needs
Training keeps employees up to date with the company’s customer expertise, projects, and needs. For example, if a buyer wants to start a live chat or share a folder via Office 365, our sales reps are ready to provide the right tools.
Best Practices for Office 365 Migration
Office 365 migration can be a complex task and can require careful consideration depending on your organization’s specific needs. There are many best practices for making sure everything runs smoothly so that your transition to Office 365 is successful and efficient.
First and foremost, it’s important to ensure that you have a strong plan for transitioning users and their data to the cloud. Establishing clear roles and responsibilities and having someone overall in charge of the project will help maximize efficiency. Additionally, minimizing downtime during the migration process is key. To do this, take time to document the current system processes such as user authentication, mailbox rules, calendar recurring events, etc. Having an understanding of the communication tools currently being used in order to properly configure them in Office 365 is also valuable when migrating data.
Finally, verify all migrated content against your original source material before completion in order to troubleshoot any discrepancies later on if necessary before welcoming users back into their new environments post-migration!
Tips for Optimizing Office 365 Migration
When considering an Office 365 migration, it’s important to make sure that the transition is done efficiently and effectively. Here are some tips to help optimize your migration process:
- Prepare: Before beginning the migration process, it’s essential to create a clear plan and set expectations for the project. This includes discussing the budget and timeline, as well as outlining what types of data will be migrated, and ensuring all areas of the organization are involved in the decision-making process.
- Analyze: Analyzing existing data prior to migrating ensures that all users have access to their current documents or information after the migration is complete. Automated office 365 analysis can reduce admin time due to the identification of document distribution across servers or storage devices, ensuring a successful move or unification of existing data with Office 365. After analyzing existing content, use this knowledge to set up organizational policies for data management prior to the completion of the migration process.
- Execute: Prioritize the content you need most for the continued operation of organization duties and activities during a transition period (such as mission-critical company files). To save resources when migrating large amounts of content such as email archives over a lengthy period consider leveraging a tool like EGI/EGX Schedule Manager in order to backfill large amounts at once instead of day-to-day manual processes throughout months or years post-migration completion
- Monitor: Be sure that there is immediate monitoring when completing any Office 365 migration so you can detect regional outage disruptions or latency which may slow down projects that require quick resolution times such as onboarding new users onto 365 platforms quickly
Following these steps can help ensure a successful Office 365 Migration that is time and cost-effective for your organization—so you can maximize productivity gains from your cloud investments without sacrificing user experience or performance!
A successful migration and overcoming process-specific challenges requires good planning and an efficient IT team. If you don’t have migration expertise, Apps4Rent has you covered. They have a team of experts that makes it easier for you to migrate to Office 365. They also specialize in various application hosting services such as QuickBooks Cloud Hosting which helps your organization’s data stay protected even the time is a disaster.