The times we are living are tough and know to get pretty stressful. Nowadays, the two most common mental medical conditions are depression and anxiety. And though depression can get severe, anxiety is mostly in your head and solvable with few habit changes. Now, whether you are anxious when in a social environment or other settings know that it is your brain playing tricks on you and that the solution solely depends on yourself read more on liveanddare.com.
Though there are certain medications that are said to reduce or cure anxiety you should always opt for habit changes instead, and an overall improvement in your daily routine. Certain medications could help you reduce anxiety but these only serve as a short term aid.
Let’s take a look at the few tips on how to change your life and reduce anxiety!
Tips On Reducing Anxiety
- First and foremost and probably the most important piece of advice is to relax. Relaxing includes deep-breathing techniques and meditation. It is pretty simple – instead of taking a few medications pills enjoy few meditation minutes. The first step is to sit, relax your body posture and close your eyes. Start breathing and focus on your technique. Let the thoughts come and go, don’t follow them, and stay true to your breathing. Inhale for a few seconds, then exhale for 3-4 more. Don’t rush and enjoy this process. Do this a few times a day, or as much as you need to feel relaxed and released of all the pressure and stress that is on you.
- Along with that, try to surprise yourself each day or at least a few times a week. Self-care is an essential part of confidence so be sure to invest extra effort in it. Whether it’s going for a manicure or enjoying a nice dinner at that fancy restaurant be sure to let yourself know how worth you really are.
- Also, try to improve your sleeping habits. Bad sleeping routine is known to cause anxiety and other health problems – try to figure out a strict schedule that you will follow even during the weekends. For example, go to sleep at 11 PM and wake up at 6 AM. Your body and mind will thank you.
- Don’t forget about the importance of your diet and drinking habits. Cutting on alcohol, sugar, greasy foods and smoking is a must. Instead enjoy whole foods like grains, vegetables, fruits, fish and meat and make water a number one priority when it comes to liquid. You can drink a few cups of coffee or tea to kick yourself up, but remember that H2O is essential. Believe us balanced diet plays a huge role in mental health.
- Along with improving your diet, you should try to kick in 3-4 workouts a week. Whether its cardio exercise, weightlifting, yoga or a team sport stick to your schedule and watch how regular exercise will help you tone your body and mind. Or as the Latins would say-, Mens Sana in corpore Sano’’.
- Surround yourself with positive and supportive people, and practice the power of positive thinking. Instead of making the negative situations even worse realize that everything in life is relative and that ups and downs come and go. Staying positive throughout will make a huge impact on your life.
- Also, in correlation with positive thinking, you should know that what you feel now isn’t a fact. The thing is people start mixing emotions with the facts and that can lead them into anxiety. Of course, your feelings are important, but you should sit down with yourself and discuss your automatic reaction.
- In the past few years, there has been one major debate point in the medical world and that is CBD Oil. Some people are for it and some are against, but if according to certain studies it can help people reduce anxiety. It is seen as a stress reliever, without the addiction consequences. Still, this method is yet to be discussed and we can’t come out with a final verdict but if it is legal in your country nothing costs you to try it out.
- Maybe the first piece of advice should have been to accept your anxiety. The biggest step into solving a problem is accepting it and figuring out how to confront it.
- Last but not least talk to people. You should share your emotions and thoughts with the loving people around your – family members and friends. And of course, you can always visit a psychologist and enjoy a chit chat which will surely be of great benefit your general thinking.
Anxiety can be quite a persistent problem but it isn’t something that you can’t solve on your own. With a few habit changes and a positive environment, it should go away in no time!