The love of your life is quirky! The person of your dreams loves adventure! Your soulmate is completely the opposite of you – creative! Your kindred spirit dislikes crowds. So where to begin with the best proposal ever?
There are a thousand ways to propose, from classic rose petals to bending the knee at the beach – but you want to be unique because your future partner is worth it, right?
Taking your partner’s personality into account, look at these ideas and pop that question that simply cannot be turned down!
These proposals are meant for just the two of you – understated but dynamic. Every couple is different, so taking on these ideas and customizing them will make it something so memorable your story will be told down the generational line of your family.
- Plan a date night at home with the help of a personal chef. Cook a five-star-worthy meal with the presentation of the engagement ring either with one of the courses or dropped into a glass of your special bubbly. Visit Diamonds on Richmond in Auckland for that unique touch to complement the evening.
- Do you and your partner love that snowy season? Embrace that – plan an extravagant winter wonderland proposal on an impressive snow day of the year. Those fairy lights will just round it off – romantically and magically.
- Does fall mean so much to the two of you? Take a hike in a forest with an abundance of browns, oranges, and yellows. Make sure that scene is gorgeous, the diamond ring is perfect, and the passions are ignited.
- It’s rainy weather and that can conjure up feelings of intimacy and intrigue. Kissing in the rain can be quite special, and with the rain pouring down your face while you present the ring, it could just do the trick. Your partner will surely be impressed with your commitment.
- Beaches, sunsets, forests, and waterfalls. Nothing beats romance like nature, privacy, and the smell of fresh air! Choose one of these unique locations and put that proposal to your loved one. That engagement ring will be a symbol of timeless creation.
Let’s Make It More Public
What if your partner loves public displays of affection? While it’s best to be 100% sure of this before you make a public proposal (even if it’s not in front of a large audience), there are some great ways to show your love in front of the whole world.
- Plan a very special Vespa tour at your favorite vacation destination. The proposal options are endless. Put the ring box inside your partner’s helmet, or fasten the ring onto the gloves. Surprise!
- Hire an entertainer for an extraordinary proposal. This is sure to be a huge surprise and will definitely be something magical and captivating. There is such a variety of different street acts, and will be an expression of your love and creativity. Pop the question and round it off with a spectacular engagement ring.
- Are you both dance fanatics? Hire a choreographer to put together a flash mob dance in a public venue. Pretend to just chance upon it, then join in the dance and strut your stuff ending with a dropping to the knee with that exquisite ring in your pocket.
- Some consider it cheesy, but it often works – if you and your partner share a love of the game, you COULD go for the on-camera proposal in the stands. It takes a certain kind of person who is brave enough to do this, and it takes a certain kind of person to love their partner for that bravery. If it works, you KNOW it works.
Let’s Get Exotic
Special places are perfect for special things. If you’ve got the budget and it sounds like it’d work for you and your beloved, here are some ideas for proposals that take place further afield.
- Do you love the quiet romance of snow? Far-north destinations like Canada’s Northwest Territories and Nunavut have incredible sights to see, deep snows, quiet romanticism, and the spectacular Northern Lights. Northern European destinations like Norway, Sweden, Iceland, and Finland are all stunning, romantic choices for a proposal under the midnight stars with the snow sparkling around you.
- The Mediterranean is an incredibly romantic destination. With the best food you’ve ever had, stunning architecture, and an air of romance all around, locations like France, Spain, and Italy are fantastic choices for a proposal. But it’s not all about the classics – think outside the box! Greece is steeped in history, and many of the islands are quiet balmy paradises. Croatia is another wonderful choice that is less touristy and boasts unique cultural wonders, such as the stunning and pristine Plitvice National Park.
- Are you and your beloved active types? How does proposing at the top of a mountain sound? It’s rich in symbolism to propose at the summit, and there’s not much more exhilarating than finishing a mountain climb – except being swept off your feet by a grand, romantic gesture. Brazil, Peru, and Bolivia all have stunning mountain scenery and are lifetime destinations.
- Looking for something equally spectacular but closer to home? The US is home to some of the most stunning geography on Earth. Whether you go north, south, east, or west, you’ll find a world of wonders and dazzling visuals and backdrops for the perfect proposal. Consider the Mojave Desert, the Everglades, Yosemite, or the Great Lakes, for starters, and let your mind wander from there!
A perfect engagement ring will symbolize your intentions, love, and commitment, a never-ending circle of togetherness. No matter what gemstone you choose, the most important thing is to find the one that you both love.
Let the dedication of the boutique jewelry store into your secret plans, and together create a ring perfectly suited for your incredible day. With our years of helping couples head towards their ‘big’ day, we can even fine-tune your ideas of proposals into something so special and life-changing.
Whatever you do, know that it’s going to be the best day of your life. Journalize your happy-tears story – one day, you can share it with your children!