From the 1981 movie Stripes to the hit We’re the Millers in 2013, the recreational vehicle or the RV has shown movie audiences everywhere what a trip – literally – it is to spend time in an RV. In the USA alone, the RV rental industry has seen significant growth. The total revenue in 2018 went up to $252 million.
There are many reasons why people are embracing the RV life, often fulltime. Let’s start with the fantastic RV itself. Here are some of the best options:
- Rooftop tent options-if your priorities right now don’t include an RV, try a rooftop tent that you can pitch right on top of your SUV or vehicle. Carbon fiber tents come in two sizes and don’t weigh much. It costs less than $6000.
- Slide-ins – a different version of the tent, this camper was the rage a few decades ago. It goes over the vehicle that you’re driving, and it comes with many features, such as sink and stove, freezer and fridge, and enough room for two to three grown-ups to sleep comfortably. The camper is about $12,600.
- Tent camper – a mix of the first and second is the tent camper trailer. Small enough to be comfortable, lightweight, and yours for anywhere between $10 – 20000. When folded out, it’s an impressive sight indeed. Beds on both sides and a complete kitchen for all your meals are some of the features you can find here.
- Luxury RVs – you can find high-end RVs from $85,000 to a few million. Depending on how high you’re going, your features will get even more decadent. If there’s a name that’s synonymous with RVs, it’s the Winnebago. At about $116,000, the Intent model in this brand gives you amazing space and scope. Another name that cannot be missed is the Airstream. It’s often called iconic, and it is. It’s never lost appeal since it was introduced in 1936. Its aluminum exterior hides sleek design and classy furniture. It’s heavy and needs a sturdy vehicle to lug it around. This RV can be yours at about $150,000.
- Super luxury – have a few million dollars to spare? Then splurge on the Newell motor home. It’s like carrying your house with you wherever you go. About $2 million can get you to slide-out rooms, washer and dryer, a huge TV, and even a security system. A road trip in this one is one to remember.
There are compelling reasons why people prefer a rental RV:
- The sense of freedom – you can be rooted wherever you choose. That means you can explore the place as much as you want, but it’s one place at a time. With an RV, virtually every mile is magical. Explore multiple locations as you drive along, stop wherever you want, and set up a base for as many days as you wish. This freedom is unparalleled, and one of the best reasons to consider an RV. Learn more about camper rentals here.
- Togetherness – nothing strengthens family bonds quite like travel. They can get on your nerves, fill you with awe and love, and all that becomes accentuated in an RV. Imagine traveling with your family and friends on an epic road trip! That’s what an RV will do for you.
- Vastness – it’s not that road trips don’t happen on a bike or a car. But when a few days go by, you’ll appreciate the sense of space that an RV affords. If you’re having a bad day, sink into one of the beds and read or listen to music. Or you want to hold a party, do so in the vast space that some of the cool RVs can provide. The memories that you will create will last you a lifetime.
- The great outdoors – we live in a fast world with almost no time to stop and smell the roses. It’s imperative, for the soul, to be in touch with nature. The RV is a beautiful way to do that. If you spot a meadow on your way, or you’re making your way through a park, you can stop and take it all in. There are many RV parks that you can stop at and spend a few days, soaking in the sun.
- Animal-friendly – since it’s your RV, your pets go along with you. There is no need to pay extra for pet hotels. Most animals would love the RV life too. Find a place for the dog, its food and water bowls, and you’re ready to go.
- Digital detox – there are fewer interactions with devices in a rental RV than in a hotel room. No TV watching or constant texting. Imagine what it means just to be able to stay in the moment and connecting with your loved ones. Priceless.
- RV spaces – just like the regular hotels, RVs have their resorts too. They are exactly like a hotel but filled with RVs. Here, you can find information about your favorite mode of transport, spend time doing the touristy things one does in a hotel, and enjoy being among those like you.
- No paying extra – an RV is tricked out with all the things you enjoy. In a hotel, you would have to pay extra for laundry, bar privileges, and so on. Not so when you rent an RV. That makes renting an RV a more economical option than a hotel room. Cost savings are immense in an RV rental. Yes, there is more economical in a car, but the RV offers conveniences in the form of a place to sleep and eat. Being able to cook your meals helps bring down costs too.
- More choice – with a hotel room, you have only a few options that you have to make do with. That’s not the case with an RV. You’ll be able to find something to fit your budget and needs.
- Transforming – no one comes back from an RV vacation unchanged. There is something life-changing about traveling on the road. Every place has something to teach you, whether it is the people or the culture that you’re experiencing.