One of the most rewarding hobbies is gardening. There is nothing more calming than digging your hands in the mud, planting, rooting, watering and finally watching as your baby seeds grow out and bloom with flowers and fruits. Plant by plant, you can quickly fill up space with gardening equipment and paraphernalia and have absolutely no space left for you to sit back and enjoy your beautiful yard. You might want to step back and renovate your yard to accommodate more and compact your garden plants without hurting them.
Here are seven ways to beautify your garden that vibrates colours of lush green leaves and flowers.
1. Reuse old furniture as planters:
Don’t we talk about saving the planet by reducing waste and reusing the old? Revamp your garden by reusing old shelves and crates to organize plants and pots on top of each other to save up on space and make your garden look a bit more assembled. Stack the crates on top of each other to store garden equipment like shearing tools, cutting tools, seed banks, fertilizers, and watering can.
Use tables to isolate a group of plants, like a table full of vegetable patches or flowers or herb garden patches. It’s an easy way of distinguishing plants in your yard space.
2. Install a bird feeder:
An eco-friendly space must have a place for the birds and animals that become a part of the small garden ecosystem. The soil ants, squirrels, birds form the part of the environment cycle where they all coexist. You can do your part to take care of the plants and feed the birds and small animals that visit your yard. Install a DIY bird feeder or a wooden birdhouse for grains and water. The birds chirping and fluttering around creates a space for relaxation and calm.
3. DIY garden bar:
If there’s one thing missing within the green of your yard is the splash of drinks to lift the mood of your yard party. Install a small bar to make and serve drinks for your guests, and host a BBQ on the other side to balance out the drinks and soda. You may use a trolley to have a mobile bar that serves from person to person or have one bar station custom made for the yard space.
4. Cosy outdoors:
Another way to utilize your yard space is to design and build a yard space where you can exist at all times of the day. Install a sofa, chairs, tea table and table lamps to create a space that silences your inner chaos and calms you. A place perfect for reading, teatime, work, or reconnecting with nature. Visit this website to help you design garden furniture to match your style and purpose of building a space of cool vibes. Brilliant garden furniture will be your family’s secret place to escape the hectic days’ stress and relax with the family.
5. Add small details:
Attention to detail is always an investment. Making the best use of everything you have in your reach and pulling strings to maintain your yard will never go unrewarded.
- Add colours and pots: brighten up space by painting the yard with bright colours to coordinate with the bright flowers you plant in the pots with bright pinks, blues and lavenders. They will make your yard look more flowery even without the flowers.
- Lighting: If your yard can consist of only a few plants or has built a small living space in your yard, you will require light. No, not the bright ones but the dim fairy lights that lits up the small space without flashing and reflecting it everywhere. Outdoor batteries, Solar lights, or hungover fairy light trails will provide the right amount of glow in your backyard.
- DIY pond: food and water attracts wildlife and sustains them with love and care. A garden filled with buzzing bees, birds, squirrels and small animals that live in your yard will liven it up. Why not add a small water pond for them? Dig a small ditch and line it with a pond liner, or bury a small bucket to make sure water doesn’t percolate down. You can get as fancy as you want and line it with pebbles and weeds or install a small working pipe to make a DIY water fountain. Also, maintaining your house pond requires special treatment, and to avoid stagnant water, it is most practical to use a pump. More info about the pumps, you can find here.
- Hanging baskets/pots: planting ornamental plants of fuchsias, verbena, petunias or climbers and vines from hanging baskets saves space. It covers the space overhead with green climbers and vines to execute the space efficiency. You only need to propagate vines by spraying them with water regularly, they will grow, and you’ll have more than one hanging basket of climbers and vines running down from the roof.
6. Herb garden patch:
Grow your produce or maintain a small herb garden on the table with a handful of herbs like Parsley, Rosemary, Chives, Sage and Thyme that can be cultivated easily and are low maintenance plants that only need water. It won’t hurt to have basil, mint, coriander. A convenient spot for your herb potting would be near the kitchen window to be easily accessible or in sunlight for ample growth. Basil and mint can start with cuttings by allowing them to root in the glass of water. You can also start with seeds and allow them to grow naturally with plenty of sunlight and water.
You may call the professionals to work on your backyard, and in the first step itself, they will root out weeds and unnecessary dead plants and shrubs. Not only are they the eyesores in your yard, but they also obstruct the nutrients and hold up water without using it. Weeding is, therefore, crucial for optimum space utilization.
With these easy renovation ideas, you can create your own yard space with chairs, table and rugs, for a teatime and morning coffee for a perfect start or end to your day. You will realize a clean green environment is capable of imparting therapy by reducing stress levels. Renovate your yard and enjoy a glass of wine with your loved ones at your yard party with the garden bar, without having to go inside for refills and ice.